FLIPMO (Trailer)

87GN.Rickie

SLOW MEMBER
Guys I talked to Flipmo Through pm's and E-mail. He called me today @ 11:14am. I told him I would pay him $1300.00 more then what he was asking starting. Because stated to me in a E-mail told me he already had a couple of offers of $4500.00. His starting price was $3500.00 for an 08 28ft enclosed trailer. I said I would pay him tomarrow$4800.00 I sent a $100.00 deposit through his pay-pal that he provided through a E-mail. I already had the VIN # and was making arrangements to go pick the trailer up. I called to get a address so I could mapquest and put into GPS. When I talked to him on the phone. He informed me that he was going to have to send my Deposit back because his neighbor 3 houses down was going to go ahead and buy it from him. I guess what I,m most upset about is the fact that he told me it was mine with the deposit:mad: :mad:. I just hope this does'nt happen to anyone else on this bored. Thanks for letting me vent guys. And FLIPMO:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I would agree that a deposit usually secures the deal. But I have had the same thing happen to me before and the guy told me someone was there with cash and he took the cash. I wasn't happy about it but i could understand where he was coming from. A lot of people send deposits and either change their mind or just can't come up with the rest of the cash.

I hear what ur saying but when someone locally shows up with cash one desen't have to worry about someone from far away comming thru with the deal. I not saying you were one of those people.

I also not saying that is what I would do personally but every situation is different.

Im just saying that I too have been burned before with people sending me a deposit and then I tell others it is sold and the person who gave me the deposit is now MIA....:rolleyes: Yea, I had his $150.00 deposit but I also told two others who had cash that it was sold. Of course I didn't keep their numbers as I should have to call them back in case the deal fell thru but sh!t happens I guess.

I was in touch with this gentleman off and on. I was going to be on my way tomarrow. Cash IN HAND. No Problems. Already had fueled the truck up and taken the day off

Well Rick, absolutely nothing I can say or do I guess to ease the pain. I'm a big guy and the only thing I can say is I apologize. If you check all of my posts and threads started, I don't think you'll find one bad thing said on old "FLIPMO" because I have always tried to do the right thing by all.

Like I said when I first talked to you, I was actually going while we were talking to measure the trailer to make sure of its sizes because Cheeseburger kind of asked me to be sure. I said 28ft so I wanted to make sure it was 28ft as PICs sometimes are deceiving. It actually measured in at about 27 feet 11 inches. So if I took the additional time to do that, I definitely wouldn't deliberately throw a deal, but again as I told you while we were talking, until I receive a deposit or money in hand, the trailer was still for sale to anyone. Additionally, while we were talking you said you were going to try and have your friend send me the money soon. Bottom line is, the money hadn't been transferred right while we were talking and I can't read minds and see the future. There was only about a 30 to 45 minute window, I guess, as compared to me measuring the trailer and you sending the money. My neighbor saw me measuring and came over inquiring. I told him I was selling it finally and one thing led to another. He asked about it before when it wasn't for sale, but today the stars in the sky were aligned and he went home, wrote me a check on the spot for my asking price, and history made.

Coming back to work I checked my voicemail and heard you sent the deposit and called you immediately to let you know the trailer was sold on the spot to my neighbor who lived a couple houses down. Your money was refunded.

So, I again openly say that I apologize for how it went down but in this case couldn't turn down this deal. This was too easy of a transaction. I don't know what else to say but hope that you find your trailer soon and good luck.

Well guys, I guess the jury is out. Just tell me if I did anything wrong for how my sale went down. If I'm wrong then just tell me that I'm wrong.

Thanks

flip

Flip that's what you get for damn near giving it away. Everybody wants it, but only one person gets it.
I will say if you had a deposit on the trailer, but didn't know it but expecting it, you should have verified that before selling it to your neighbor. Bottom line is it was your trailer, you can sell it whom ever you want!!

Oh and I've never read any negatives about Flipmo. My perception of him is a guy that has the cash to buy whatever he wants.

Wrong or Not Wrong

Rick,
I can understand your frustation. I too have had people sell stuff out from under me when I was first in line. It seems that today there is no trust and ethics when it comes to the buying and selling of products on turbo buick or by any other means. I would and have been upset over the same kind of deal. There is not much you can about it now but move on.

Flip,
I guess I will be the first to say you were wrong. Especially knowing how many people were interested from Turbo Buick. Are you getting out of buicks? First the Stage 2 and now the trailer. Where is the loyalty? I would have held off a day or so. The neighbor could have waited that long. I have been waiting for a board member for over a month on one of my rollers. Just my 2 cents. Drop me a line or pm sometime.

Glenn(TurboG), Rick(87GN.Rickie), Gino(GinoRin),
If you guys are still interested in a car trailer let me know by PM. I live in South Bend, Indiana near the trailer manufactures in Elkhart, Indiana. I can probably make a group purchase. I know several of the owners of the trailer builders in my area. I will try to get a price on Friday and post it up. This will be for a new trailer not used.

Take care of your fellow turbo buick members in the future!

Jason
AffordableGN

Flipmo I talked to you at 11:14 am this morning. I called and left you a voicemail at 11:26. That the money was in your pay-pal acct. Then I called you back at 12:13pm. That's when you told me your neighbor was buying it instead. Thank you for returning the pay-pal money so quickly. I ain't mad at ya!! Just the e-mail that I got from ya said you could'nt pass my offfer up and that the trailer was mine. Just got a lil butt hurt that's all. Thank's again, Rickie

My neighbor saw me measuring and came over inquiring. I told him I was selling it finally and one thing led to another. He asked about it before when it wasn't for sale, but today the stars in the sky were aligned and he went home, wrote me a check on the spot for my asking price, and history made.
Thanks

flip

soooo he paid $3500 ??? :confused:

All I can say is that when I tell a guy its his and take a deposit.....Thats it, sorry neighbor its sold and if the new owner backs out, I'll let you know. I'm not upset but if I had been the one that sent the deposit, like my buddy Rickie, I probably would not have been as understanding....especially after I took a day off work to go get it, already had the vin and made arrangements for insurance. Rickie sent me the emails he got from the owner and when "O.K. Rickie, the trailer is yours as I can't turn down that deal ($4,800.00). When you get here I'll show you what I paid for it. Tomorrow is fine and we can coordinate a time." is sent to you, I can understand why Rickie is somewhat upset when he didn't get it. I have sold numerous items on here at a relatively good price. My stuff usually doesn't last very long because I usually price it right. Because of that, I have people pm me after its posted sold offering me more money. I have never taken anyone up on it, although I could have and made up some excuse to make it work. I just don't work that way. If I was accepting bids, I would've put it on ebay. :rolleyes:

All I can say is that when I tell a guy its his and take a deposit.....Thats it, sorry neighbor its sold and if the new owner backs out, I'll let you know. I'm not upset but if I had been the one that sent the deposit, like my buddy Rickie, I probably would not have been as understanding....especially after I took a day off work to go get it, already had the vin and made arrangements for insurance. Rickie sent me the emails he got from the owner and when "O.K. Rickie, the trailer is yours as I can't turn down that deal ($4,800.00). When you get here I'll show you what I paid for it. Tomorrow is fine and we can coordinate a time." is sent to you, I can understand why Rickie is somewhat upset when he didn't get it. I have sold numerous items on here at a relatively good price. My stuff usually doesn't last very long because I usually price it right. Because of that, I have people pm me after its posted sold offering me more money. I have never taken anyone up on it, although I could have and made up some excuse to make it work. I just don't work that way. If I was accepting bids, I would've put it on ebay. :rolleyes:

AMEN BROTHER a man is only as good as his word, if his word is no good then hes not a man, merely a child who cant be trusted.

Because of that, I have people pm me after its posted sold offering me more money. I have never taken anyone up on it, although I could have and made up some excuse to make it work. I just don't work that way. If I was accepting bids, I would've put it on ebay. :rolleyes:

X 100000 :mad: he posted $3500 !!! HE named the price. Then he starts with an auction :rolleyes: Guy has SLIMEBAG written all over him :eek: unreal lately in here :redface:

X 100000 :mad: he posted $3500 !!! HE named the price. Then he starts with an auction :rolleyes: Guy has SLIMEBAG written all over him :eek: unreal lately in here :redface:

I agree 100% Dan I've underpriced things myself a few times, but i chalked it up as a loss not raised the price. and if i say it sold it SOLD .

Flip that's what you get for damn near giving it away. Everybody wants it, but only one person gets it.
I will say if you had a deposit on the trailer, but didn't know it but expecting it, you should have verified that before selling it to your neighbor. Bottom line is it was your trailer, you can sell it whom ever you want!!

Oh and I've never read any negatives about Flipmo. My perception of him is a guy that has the cash to buy whatever he wants.

O.K. I will take a moment to respond to the various comments. I think some facts are due, but I totally understand why some things have been said. This is a democratic, free and open society we live in and thank God for the 1st Amendment. Turbo 6, you're right, I should have called and checked to see if it had been deposited yet because he did tell me he was going to try and get someone to PAYPAL me. O.K., I can take that one, as that was fair and I can't argue that point. Guess I just got caught up, money bells started ringing, and I knew I had a quick sale and didn't have to wait on anything. But I did make it clear even before getting off the phone with him, that until I actually receive money (knowingly), the trailer was still for sale to anyone who presented the funds. But, you're right and all I can do is apologize!!! Most who actually know me, know that I'm not a heartless guy by any means.

Rick,
I can understand your frustation. I too have had people sell stuff out from under me when I was first in line. It seems that today there is no trust and ethics when it comes to the buying and selling of products on turbo buick or by any other means. I would and have been upset over the same kind of deal. There is not much you can about it now but move on.

Flip,
I guess I will be the first to say you were wrong. Especially knowing how many people were interested from Turbo Buick. Are you getting out of buicks? First the Stage 2 and now the trailer. Where is the loyalty? I would have held off a day or so. The neighbor could have waited that long. I have been waiting for a board member for over a month on one of my rollers. Just my 2 cents. Drop me a line or pm sometime.

Glenn(TurboG), Rick(87GN.Rickie), Gino(GinoRin),
If you guys are still interested in a car trailer let me know by PM. I live in South Bend, Indiana near the trailer manufactures in Elkhart, Indiana. I can probably make a group purchase. I know several of the owners of the trailer builders in my area. I will try to get a price on Friday and post it up. This will be for a new trailer not used.

Take care of your fellow turbo buick members in the future!

Jason
AffordableGN

Well J, I see the light and appreciate the courtesy. This one is on me and at my expense. Yeah, I'm going to bow out for a while but I'll be back. You know me, I can never rest too long cause the GN bugs always bites again. Just have different priorities in life right now and need to focus on the more important things. Kind of feel bad for Rick, but I didn't deliberately do this as it just went down so quick while thinking I finally sold the trailer on the spot.

Flipmo I talked to you at 11:14 am this morning. I called and left you a voicemail at 11:26. That the money was in your pay-pal acct. Then I called you back at 12:13pm. That's when you told me your neighbor was buying it instead. Thank you for returning the pay-pal money so quickly. I ain't mad at ya!! Just the e-mail that I got from ya said you could'nt pass my offfer up and that the trailer was mine. Just got a lil butt hurt that's all. Thank's again, Rickie

Well thanks Rick and I owe you one. If we ever meet, the first round is one me. You just gotta trust that I didn't deliberately sell the trailer from out under you on purpose. I guess what kind of bothers me (but I'll move on) is the fact I told you that until I actually receive funds (whether seeing the funds in my account or cash on the spot) that the trailer was still for sale to whomever gave me money first. I know I made that perfectly clear to you because you did ask me whether or not this will conclude the deal, and I told you not that it was still for sale until I receive some money or something like that. But after reading a few posts, I know the right thing to do was to have given you a call or sent you an email or verified funds first before commiting to my neighbor. Hey brother, when one is right, then one is right and I have no arguments whatsoever. I screwed this one up for you, but again reckon the mind was racing and I was just thinking money money.

Still hope you find your trailer and I'll be on the lookout for you ;).

soooo he paid $3500 ??? :confused:

No he actually bought it for $4,800.00. No way I was going down as the price for it kept going up through offers. I'm not a suit and tie wearing businessman but then again I'm not crazy neither to turn down more money when one offers it up to me. He's a very good guy and actually needed it for his construction business, but that's besides the point here anyway.

Yep and no arguments. I think I did mention that I wish I would have put the dorn thing on Ebay in a post somewhere. Could have saved me a lot of time and trouble. And yep, I sent that email before leaving from work to go measure the trailer and it was also sent before I initially talked to Rick on the phone. So, no money had been sent yet and I was sticking to my guns that the trailer would remain for sale until I received some money. Bottom Line: Got it, wasn't the most admirable thing to do since I had been offered the funds, but I stayed true to myself and kept it on the market until I had money. That's how this went down but good point for future deals - Thanks.

AMEN BROTHER a man is only as good as his word, if his word is no good then hes not a man, merely a child who cant be trusted.

Well, fellow board members know me better than that. Find someone/anyone on this board or the others that will say I have lied about something/anything or haven't come through on a previous deal - That's any deal. Wish it would've went differently now, but you live and learn and life goes on.

Simply no negative comments here from me as I just wont stoop this low to name calling. SLIMEBAG - That's Funny! Not my style but you are free to exercise free speech. Hmmmmm, let me think here for a minute. I quote price, but others raise it and continue to raise it. Hmmmmmm, I turn the higher prices down because I really and truly can't use the additional funds. Hmmmmmmm, no one else in the world would've done what I did by accepting higher offers. I must be the only guy in the world who would've taken the more money. It's all my fault that people wanted the trailer badly and was willing to pay more for it. Yep, all my fault that I didn't talk them out of increasing the price. Give me a break Grumpy and get real. Yep and you're right about one thing, wish I would've put it on Ebay and avoided all of this.

Thanks anyway all and if you don't care to be friends and get past this, I'm sorry for you. Rick, I still wish you good luck in finding your trailer. One infraction and some of you guys make it seem like the world is ending. Good takeaway for me though as next time, I'll follow-up and be patient just so that noone makes extensive plans or is convinced their getting something from me. There's an old saying, "You can't satisfy everyone and that one person will always be pissed" - And that's no matter what you do :) :biggrin:.

Flip is a good guy. He is human and owned up to his mistake and apologized for it, if he could change the past it would be done. I have joked with him on several ossasions. I know the situation your in, cause I too have found myself in that very same position, but waited on my commitment only to get the shaft and ended up still holding the bag. Tough call, heads you win, tails you lose.

We all make mistakes. I felt a lil rawl over the deal. I'm just going to forget the mistakes of the past and look toward the future. Some things happen for a reason I guess. I understand cash in hand that makes a difference. I ain't mad at ya!! Just a lil disapointed that's all man

Sorry to hear about the deal gone wrong Rickie. Just spend the money on the GN and go race TSM or something, lol. Hey I appreciate you trying to help me out the other day. Always good to have friends who stick to their word and you know you can count on them.

Flipmo should be a nice guy and make up the lost days wages, since he made so much more than he had originally planned ;) .

Take care,
John

Flipmo is a nice guy and has done buisness with me in the past and I wouldn't hesitate to do buisness with him again. Every time it went smothly and money was instantly there and good. Very nice guy to deal with IMO.

I too feel it's just a tad harsh to be name calling...

He made a honest mistake! Recived a $100 deposit without knowing it, sold it 100% (paid in full) to a neighbor without knowing the $100 deposit was there, He then realized the $100 payment was sent, Imediately he replyied to the customer that sent the deposit and sent it back to him 100% paid in full.

Scot W.

sorry but this wasn't a $100 part ! It was a $3500 ...I mean a $4500 ..dammit maybe a $4800 deal .. sorry I don't buy excuses.. a deal is a deal :rolleyes: I have sold a lot of "stuff" and sometimes I think just like he did.. I was giving it away BUT that was the price I threw out and thats what I got .. ok ..done here .. just another internet cluster **** deal :eek:

Flipmo should be a nice guy and make up the lost days wages, since he made so much more than he had originally planned ;) .

Take care,
John

John, wont say that I can't but right now the funds are being put to good use. I wont forget this transaction and if there is anything I could do in the future, I'll be the first to step to the plate for Rick and lend a helping hand. You always know where you've been but you really don't know where you're going - Another old saying :D.

sorry but this wasn't a $100 part ! It was a $3500 ...I mean a $4500 ..dammit maybe a $4800 deal .. sorry I don't buy excuses.. a deal is a deal :rolleyes: I have sold a lot of "stuff" and sometimes I think just like he did.. I was giving it away BUT that was the price I threw out and thats what I got .. ok ..done here .. just another internet cluster **** deal :eek:

Grumpy, thanks for being done here, but I must say: "Talking about keep pouring salt in a wound". Well, I didn't do it before and the closest I'll ever come to namecalling is, whoever thought of your Nic did a great job! Maybe it was you or someone else; however, they should be commended :biggrin: :biggrin:. Now if you take that personally and can't find the humor in that, then something is definitely wrong. I respect you for the number of posts you have (tells me you have a few miles on you) but for the life of me, why are you so dorn "GRUMPY" about this deal. Looks like Rick has let it go, but the good ole GRUMP wont. I don't think this bad transaction happened to you, but while some are reading I bet they're thinking it must have.

But that's kool and if you and others want to keep getting it off your chest - Fine! You should have been a lawyer cause you don't give up. This is officially my last post to this thread and if Rick can move on, so shall I ;).

Thanks All

flip