Flames coming out of dump pipe???

87gnblackdemon

Don't Be Redikulas!!
I finally put on a stock downpipe with welded dump. I headed to my aunts to help her move and before we left I added three gallons of xylene, first time I've done this. Anyhow, on the way home I lined up next to my sisters little honda to show her what speed is, when we got home she said that flames shot out from under my car after I was a good two car lenghts in front of her, I'm guessing it was during a shift change. Now I asked her all the questions I could think of, where was it? Was it flames or sparks? She said it was like a flash, very quick but she could see it, this was at around 4:30 in the afternoon, so It must of been pretty bright to see. Whats up? Should I be concerned about this? The trans has been giving me problems with long shifts, sometimes it's fine other times it acts up, I've seen my buddies honda do this when shifted just right, and I believe it was his trans.

I see tons of turbo cars doing that. Not sure exactly what causes it, but don't worry about it. Hell non-turbo cars do it as well. After racing my father's Z06 in my TA, he told me that it looked like a spark was going on inside my tailpipes every time I shifted. (hehe, if he was looking at my tailpipes, guess who was winning :D )

My RX7 blows fire every time I shift it, but it's a 5spd, under hard acceleration. It's just that you're running a little rich and the exhaust is burning up the unused fuel that makes it into the exhaust. Nothing big and looks kinda cool :D Helps keep those tailgaters off the RX7 too, he he.