Fitting size???

cooper

I have been searching this site for 30 mins now and can't find the answer to my question.

I want to run braided hose in place of the rigid steel line from my trans to the radiator. I can't figure out what size adapter to use between the an fittings and the trans/rad. (they're both the same)

By using a tap, I sized it at 1/2 - 20. Problem is, I can't find an adapter that will work.

I think I've made this harder than it needs to be, so can someone help me?

Thanks

Sure Coop.....

Radiator is a #5 inverted flar type fitting. What you need is a male #5 inverted flair to a male #6 AN adaptor. Earls makes one as I am sure Keith Black and Russell do also. We stock the Earls one tho. As for at the trans , Trans is 1/4 pipe npt and a fitting that is male 1/4 pipe to male #6 an is required. If you have no luck locating, give me shout at shop on Monday and we will get you "lined" up (I feel comic today:) ) and running. I will caution you that for some reason these company's think these things are made of gold. They are like 10.00 a fitting which I feel is nuts but what are we gonna do? Anyway, they are around and available.
Good Luck....

AND..... Thank you very much . I have used this question on the faq page on the 2004r Performance Center website. Thanks for asking and letting me use it on the FAQ page. BT

to veiw go here. http://www.2004rperformancecenter.com/faq/display_faq.asp?faq_id=31

Getting ready to do the same thing. I want to run it out to the frame and up to my trans cooler at the front. So is #6 the line size that is optimum? I think I basically just need the 1/4" NPT to #6 fitting to go from the trans to tubing then #6 to 3/8" NPT for the B&M Racing Supercooler. Sound good?

Sounds great, however I think the B&M cooler has 1/2 npt threads or it should anyway. No big deal, as they are very common.

I just did this to my car as well. I used 1/4 NPT to -8AN adapter for the trans. Then ran -8AN line to the trans cooler in the radiator and used the saem 1/4 to -8AN fittings for the radiator trans cooler. Then used a couple 90 or 120 degree -8AN connectors from there to connect the lines. I also have 2 external coolers piped in there as well, but that's beyond the scope.

BTW Bruce. Yesterday I finally drove my car with the new tranny. F***ING AWESOME to say the least!!!!! People, I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend Bruce's products. But talk about beating a dead horse to death as so does EVERYONE else recommend him. :)

I'm now fiddling with a home page with a couple pictures, but I'm NO homepage guru.

http://home.hawaii.rr.com/tazinhawaii/

I hope that link works. Bruce I know you were looking for wheels. Here is a pic of the Boyd Coddington wheels I got. I LOVE them and so does everyone that's seen the car the last few days.

Derrick

Originally posted by WE4
Sounds great, however I think the B&M cooler has 1/2 npt threads or it should anyway. No big deal, as they are very common.
Actually it is 1/2" NPT then I reduced it to 3/8" with a barbed fitting so the 3/8" hose would go on. Guess I should go back to the original 1/2"?