First time to the dyno with my S1 Block

geno

9sec 17MPG Street Car
Staff member
The motor is a stage 1 block 2 bolt mains with BMS 3.590 crank and Carrilo rods,GN1 out of the box heads no porting. The turbo is a 76 BB q trim with 3.5 DP and 2.5 full exhaust.
Pump gas 20deg timing 14# boost 498 RWHP and 557 TQ
(There was alot more left on this run considering the low boost)
Then i put in C16 and went 25.5 timing and 24# boost
636 RWHP and 739 TQ ;) The best part was i drove the car to the dyno and then home; The first thing the guy said was i hate these cars LOL Im not sure how close these numbers really are but it sure was fun to see the guy who owns the dyno jaw drop when he saw the numbers Hehe:cool:

Good numbers!

It's just that they can't figure how a 6 cylinder puts up those #'s.

LLLater,
Steve

I am in search of a Stage 1. What is the asking price usually on a Stage 1? So it is good for 9 second passes on a routine basis then?

Great numbers!

Jeez, that's absolutely sick.
Killer numbers Geno. I'd like to know about Stage 1s too. I've never seen them offered for sale. I'm assuming you can use production intake and heads?

Geno, sent you a PM, any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Nice #'s Geno! I remeber the lasy dyno session we had, there were some "race cars":rolleyes: that were all loud and wild sounding, the they laid down a massive 350 hp (if that). Fun to see the little 6's stomp 'em!

Interesting. So each pound of boost (not taking the increased timing into account) was good for 14hp and 18lb/ft of torque approximately.

Geno I would kill for your pump gas numbers;)

Originally posted by blackbuick87
Interesting. So each pound of boost (not taking the increased timing into account) was good for 14hp and 18lb/ft of torque approximately.

Geno I would kill for your pump gas numbers;)

Someday.:)

These numbers are not absoloute ,but interesting:cool: :D

Geno

Nonetheless, still very impressive for 14psi and pump gas!

One day, one day!!!! I might get there.

Frank

those are some awesome numbers Geno. I can't believe you made 500rwhp on pump gas! When is TurboThunder this year? I would like to attend and hope to see you there.

-GNX7

Congrats Gene. Those numbers are very impressive....and it's interesting to see the increased power a lil more boost & timing make.

Hope to see you again later this year.

The cam is a 218/220 flat tappet:)
Chris i will see you sometime this summer and we can have lunch during are reaction times LOL