Dyno run at Brian Lorenz Performance shop

michael evans

Made a trip up to see Brian to get him to find what I was missing and tune on the engine.

What started as a quick trip quickly turned into a nightmare, but Brain found many issues causing a major problem. He worked on it for almost three days and got it running better than it ever has.

Could have easily gotten bigger numbers on the dyno, but because of the timing of mine and his, we had to cut it short.

It ended with 614 TQ and 530 HP at only 22.5 pounds of boost.

Final run:

I can truly recommend him and Cal Hartline for any GN or T Type as he has been doing it for over 25 years.

What fuel?
What air fuel ratio?
What timing?
What heads?
What turbo?

Fuel is 93 octane pump with alcohol as needed
Fuel ratio was 11.58 I think
timing I am not sure of right not as I was not in the car (changes with RPM scale).
heads are steel GN1 ported
Turbo is a Turbonitics 67mm

We agreed that with 93 pump instead of C16 and the boost level, it was a good stopping point

Last edited:
Lean is mean.. or so they say

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Yikes that's lean.:eek:

I just looked and he did not make a log of the pull on the dyno, so I am just guessing.

I know it is idling much leaner than when I took it to him.

At one point, it was adding 16% to much fuel at the top of the pull. He got that figured out.

Congratulations! Brian is the man!!! His workmanship and facility is the best and second to none!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because alky requires much richer.

If just straight race gas then ok.

93 with alky should be richer

But for fall and winter temps...and lower timing maybe 11.0 is ok target?

11.6 Not good for southern car in summer temps running high boost and pumpgas w alky