First time to have some fun

SVORay

Well as some you knows, my car has been in the shop for a very long time. I still have tons of things to do like install the new Transmession but it's out on the road. Anyhow, I was crusing home from dropping my kid off at school when I noticed an LS1 TA (ws6). My gear box is pretty shot but I figured I could atleast mess with him rolling down the road. I got close and saw a chance to nail it and go around him. The guy took to me like a fish with live bait. He tried catching up but someone pulled out in front of him. I could hear him just reving him motor like crazy :rolleyes: It wasn't a minute later that car turned and teh TA had a straight shot at me. I could see him comming on strong and I nailed it. He really couldn't get but a car lenght behind me. At this time we was pretty much in the county on an open road. So we slowed down to about a 30mph roll. He honked 3 times and it was on. I leap out like mad but he was stuck on my bumper. The cool thing was, it seemed like I was starting to slightly pull around 80mph:eek: I let out and showed the guy six fingures has he pulled up next to me. He had a pretty good size grin on his face and wanted to run again. I pulled over on the side of the road to talk. He walks up asking, is that one of those Twin turbo Regal :D I said nah and Poped the hood. I mentioned how screw my gear box was and why I didn't do it froma dig. He was a pretty cool guy...it seems I some what knew his Cusin. I found out his car was an Auto and he ran something like 12.99 in the quater. I'm not sure if this is a kill but I was really inpressed with the Regal. It was the first time I ever paired it up with anything. So up until now I really didn't know how well a GN/T-type did first hand.

Just don't ask me how much boost I was pushing. It was spiking and I probaly shouldn't have ran it. The timming was wrong but I did have a mix of about 5 gallons 92 octane and a 2 gallons on 105.

Yep- that's a kill...go and paint a WS6 profile on your car with a red X thru it....:cool:

Now, just wait till you get the thing tuned!

Thanks

I got a pretty nice street chip from Eric (turbotweak) that works great. My problem is my street chip is tuned for 15psi and I'm spiking up to 20psi :eek: I got an external gate I really need to install. This should hopefully lock it down for good.

You just got the thing on the road- last thing you want to do is be tearing into the engine because of a blown HG.....or worse. Turn the wick down till you take the time to tune it!

The boost is set at 15psi but I get a 18-20 psi shot every other foot in the gas. So I'm not going to drive the car much until I get my external gate installed.

Good job!

Hey, a kill is a kill! Good work, thats what its all about. Get your tune and enjoy many more of those. Do not worry about the boost level as far as the chip is concerned because you can program that part. Just do not lean out and watch for the knock:eek: I run Erik's chip and I am very pleased with it. Just add some fuel and get that spike taken care of then you can add some timing.

Good luck!

broke turbo buick > modded ls1.

i love it! nice kill, and good luck with the new combo.