first time out. 12.5 @ 111 on street tires.

I drove it in D, should I have run it in OD? At what speed would it make the 3-4 shift? 3rd gear was screaming by the end of the track and I don't have a tach.

You shouldn't have to shift into OD. Was the TC locked on this pass? That would explain it. Lock the TC and run it out the back door in 3rd. OD is for highway. Good work man. Those are some good times. My first time I went 13.5 at 115 MPH on street tires lol!

You shouldn't have to shift into OD. Was the TC locked on this pass? That would explain it. Lock the TC and run it out the back door in 3rd. OD is for highway. Good work man. Those are some good times. My first time I went 13.5 at 115 MPH on street tires lol!

Thanks. I locked the converter in 3rd when I ran 12.12 @ 112.8 on drag radials. I did not lock the converter when I went 12.5 @ 111 on street tires. Next time back I hope to see 11's finally. I've just upgraded to the 6.1 chip and ls1 maf and currently have the front cover off replacing the timing chain.

Thanks. I locked the converter in 3rd when I ran 12.12 @ 112.8 on drag radials. I did not lock the converter when I went 12.5 @ 111 on street tires. Next time back I hope to see 11's finally. I've just upgraded to the 6.1 chip and ls1 maf and currently have the front cover off replacing the timing chain.

Cool. What kind of boost numbers are you running? And does your front frame brace clear your stretch slic ok?

Cool. What kind of boost numbers are you running? And does your front frame brace clear your stretch slic ok?

I'm pretty sure I had the boost set at 23psi. The frame braces clear but it was tight on the drivers side. I cut a few sections of heater hose and zip tied them around the frame braces in case the intercooler were to hit it but I haven't seen any false knock. In this pic you can see the piece I put on the passenger side. That was right before I pulled the old timing chain Saturday.

IMG_20130309_132123_0.jpg

I'm pretty sure I had the boost set at 23psi. The frame braces clear but it was tight on the drivers side. I cut a few sections of heater hose and zip tied them around the frame braces in case the intercooler were to hit it but I haven't seen any false knock. In this pic you can see the piece I put on the passenger side. That was right before I pulled the old timing chain Saturday.

View attachment 184514

Awesome! You have plenty left in it yet. You'll need a little more boost to get 11's I think although plenty have been 11's with 112mph power. I needed closer to 114+mph to get there, but I'm not very good. Run it close to 30psi and it'll trap close to 120mph and that's easy 11's. Good luck and nice combo.

Awesome! You have plenty left in it yet. You'll need a little more boost to get 11's I think although plenty have been 11's with 112mph power. I needed closer to 114+mph to get there, but I'm not very good. Run it close to 30psi and it'll trap close to 120mph and that's easy 11's. Good luck and nice combo.

Thanks man, I know you're doing something right. I want to make the car as fast and reliable as possible without opening the motor (not pulling the heads). My chip is burned for 23-25psi. I'd be scared to tune for 30psi. I've just barely gotten the 6.1 chip and wideband installed since I ran 12.1 and then tore it back apart for the timing chain. 11.6 is sort of my goal. I've got a pair of s10 wheel cylinders I need to put in before I go back to the track so I can get the 60' down.