First time down the 1320 ..... 13.49 @ 102

ITSONLYABUICK

How fast could it be?
Hey guys,
I took my 86 GN down the quarter for the first time. I tried my best by avoiding the water box, doing a quick dry burnout and staging quickly. I tried to just barely trip the second light so I could hold the brake and bring the boost up to 5#, but it never worked. I was trying to do to many things at once and slept through the light. I guess more practice will bring the times down. I am hoping for a 12.99.

Reac - 1.13
60 - 2.17
330 - 5.73
1/8 - 8.70
1/8 MPH - 82.24
1000 -11.29
1/4 -13.49
1/4 MPH - 102.46

MODS: stock rebuild with Lunati cam H200-200
TA49 turbo w/ ported exh elbow, inlet bell & adj wastegate 17psi
Larger cooler w/stock tanks (I was told)
Big Mouth intake w/ 3" MAF pipe
Hooker 2.5" cat back
Performance trans w/ higher stall (I was told - unknown specs)
XP fuel pump w/ adj fuel regulator
93-17 tune
Heated O2
Ride handling springs
Nitto drags (pretty old)

Not bad at all for a first time out! I remember back in the day, my turbo regal was the first car I ever owned that could break in to the 13's.

Next time out for test and tune if you really want to find out what the car can do you can let the light go green, let the other guy leave, and put all your focus into the building boost at the line and finding out how much your car and tires can hold. The clock doesn't start until your car moves, so take your time and learn what it can do and you'll go faster and faster. Once you're used to it and got it figured out, then start working on cutting the light.

Scanmaster?
60' not good. That's not hard to fix.

I don't have the Scanmaster yet. It is on my list. I think once I learn to hold 5# of boost on the line my 60 will drop. It looks like with a good 60 foot I will be REALLY close to 12s right?

Congrats on your first pass! I made my official first pass this past November in Reynolds at the Southern Buick Shootout. Like you, I had a goal set of 12.99 or faster. I ran mine on street tires and netted a 1.9 60 ft and ET of 12.67 @ 108. Yes, DRs are in my future. It was a rush and blast, wasn't it? :D

Thanks, it sure was fun. I can't wait to go again. Cold weather is coming this week, maybe next week.

You're so lucky to be able to drive your GN in winter ! I'm jealous ;)
I'm living in Montreal, QC so I just can't drive my '86 GN from November to April :frown:
Here it's just snow and around 0 degree or less for the longest time... :mad:

I bought my TR in September '10 just in the same time I got back to college so no time to go to the drag, the owner before me told me the best time in that configuration is 12.96. However, I never drag racing a turbo car (had some V8's in the past : Impala '71, Fury III '73, Monte Carlo '75, Camaro '81...) so I'm not so sure to know how to do, I'm gonne look around in the forum

Anyway, congrats on your first time ! Now you can only aim for a lower one ! Good luck

Ilan

Thanks Ilan, it was really cold today, but I still drove my car. It was 19 degrees on the way home. The roads are completely dry though...no rain, sleet or snow. Just pure bitter cold. Glad I fixed my heater core last week. :)