First time at track

Beecha91

Well I decided to take the GN to the track on Sunday even though it was almost a 100 degrees out. Knowing I wasnt gonna run stellar times, I went anyways. At least I could get to know the car, since I havent launched it much yet. Anyways, heres what my slip looks like.

R/t - .069
60'- 1.772
1/8- 8.140
mph- 86.46
1/4 - 12.729
mph- 106.4

This is on street chip, with 20psi, with 275 60 15 bfg dr's. Car has as pt54 and all the supporting mods. I know the car has more in on a cooler day, but the weird thing is that my 60ft was 1.77 on my first pass ever in the car with only 5psi launch with the tires at 20psi. After that I held 10psi launching the and 60's went to like 1.8 and 1.9s. So I lowerd the tire pressure to 16psi and still nothing but 1.8s and 1.9s. Thought that was odd, the 28inch tire is probably hurting more than helping im guessing. Any info and thoughts would be great, thanx guys

Nice job! I did about the same, except with a TE-44. You should
be able to go into the 11''s with a chip change. I was tempted to go to the track too, but it was hot!

Allot of times the first pass it the best for guys. this is solely because of track prep. Most tracks do the best job preping the track the first time.

With the BFGs try running 10psi in them. this is at the track and the street. we have been experementing with them lately and they are awesome at 10.

Originally posted by Race Jace
Allot of times the first pass it the best for guys. this is solely because of track prep. Most tracks do the best job preping the track the first time./B]

I agree 100%. I usually have the best traction on my first pass on a "test and tune" night before people with street tires and FWD cars start going through the waterbox dragging water up to the line and then tearing up the groove.