first time at the track in over 13yrs !!

no-nos

alright guys don't laugh to hard :biggrin: , well i finally got to the track tonight and to those who have been to county line race track, already know IT SUCKS!@!*#@!!:mad: , well i will say i was the first car to run at that track this year :smile: , i'm nervous cause of a light drizzle of rain, but i went up and did a great burn-out, ( my buddy said the announcer said" somebody tell him to stop!!". ) i do the burn-out and stage , when all of a sudden the tree fails:mad: , well after about 15 min. were ready to go again i burn-out
and as soon as i stage they let the lights start going down, no time to build boost now:rolleyes: , so i go and take off, first race was against a modded
hyundai tiburon ( those things are turbocharged:eek: !) i did win but the time sucked !! ( see all time posted below) that was race#1

second race, i burn out stage and this time i get to build boost i take of with about 7lbs all were off the foot-brake the car lauched great!! it pulled me back so good i ended-up breaking the shifter-handle:( , but it felt good :biggrin:

3rd and last race it launched real good but i got off it about 45ft before the end cause i saw rain hitting the windshield again!!:frown: , after that i called it quit's bad night, with rain .Did i mention all those runs were hot laps and i mean HOTLAPS!! there was maybe MAYBE 5min between runs. and as if thing were'nt bad enough, i know what i'm going to say is crazt but i was only giving it 3/4 throtle cause i thought if i punched it i would be giving it too much gas and it would boggle down:confused: , well after talking to my mechanic he was laughing at me, i should have been nailling it.
remember guys this was my first time at any track in over 13yrs. so i know i have to improve alot as a driver in order for my times to get better, so if any one know what the hell these 1/8 of a mile numbers mean please let me know.
thanks guys

1st run--

reaction time--1.064
60ft time -----2.197 ( no chance to build boost)
trap mph------ 93.5
elapsed time--- 8.009

2nd run

reaction time--.542
60ft time -----2.029
trap mph------94.6
elapsed time --7.698

last run--

reaction time-- .0912
60ft time------ 1.732
trap speed ---- 83.3
elapsed time --- 7359? ( paper got wet)

here's a couple of videos and pics, i know i need improvement!
dam i have video but don't know how to post

Attachments

• fpl bill 080.jpg
    fpl bill 080.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 314
Thats wonderful that you got back to the track!

Why would you be worried if we laughed? Those times are wonderful!! Next time if the tree falls to fast for you, then just sit and build boost until you're ready.

I thought for a while that maybe you screwed up by letting off at the 1/8th mile and not the 1/4th or something goofy, if that would have been the scenario, then yes i would have laughed!

But that sounds like a good night at the track, minus the rain. But hot lapping, something im not a fan of though. :cool:

Adam

Next time if the tree falls to fast for you, then just sit and build boost until you're ready.

Those are the best races anyway. The guy you race against will come up to you, especially if he beats you, all excited that he beat a Grand National.

Then you tell him to look at the timeslip and explain that you were just setting the boost right for launch.

Then you ask him "do you want to run again?"

It's funny how someone's mood can turn on a dime. It's like you popped a balloon.

your absolutly right on both adam, i've had a couple of friends call me to tell me i should have waited at least 40 minutes or more, and i should have raced the clock and not the car next to me. it did feel good to get back out there i just wish there would have been another buick there. thanks for the feedback

. so i know i have to improve alot as a driver in order for my times to get better, so if any one know what the hell these 1/8 of a mile numbers mean please let me know.
thanks guys

1st run--

reaction time--1.064
60ft time -----2.197 ( no chance to build boost)
trap mph------ 93.5
elapsed time--- 8.009

2nd run

reaction time--.542
60ft time -----2.029
trap mph------94.6
elapsed time --7.698

last run--

reaction time-- .0912
60ft time------ 1.732
trap speed ---- 83.3
elapsed time --- 7359? ( paper got wet)

here's a couple of videos and pics, i know i need improvement!
dam i have video but don't know how to post

That means you easily have a low 11 second car there for the 1/4 mile. And if your'e only giving it 3/4 throttle with poor traction in the rain, a good run might put you in the 10's.

alright guys don't laugh to hard :biggrin: , well i finally got to the track tonight and to those who have been to county line race track, already know IT SUCKS!@!*#@!!:mad: ,

It sucks!? Can't be worse than running from the Cops in Saga Bay, Avocado, US27, or okeechobee rd. I've seen so much stupid stuff at the street races in Miami.. I don't know how you could be anything but ecstatic that there is a track there at all.

I'm just pissed that I moved away before it came about.

Down here we had a 1/4 track that people used to whine about called Carlsbad Raceway. They whined about it "sucking" enough that they fixed the problem. They closed it! Now there are no 1/4 mile tracks left. I was just happy to have that track, I loved it.

You had pretty good runs by the way! I'm sure you can improve but I'll bet those were some of the faster times that night.

There still a lot of G.A.W. 5.0's around there?

Wow! i did'nt know you knew all those spots down here :biggrin: and your right about running from the cops:biggrin: those were the crazy days.
there was a big ford truck from gaw racing there but he had poor times there
he was sure running big mouth prior to running.

looking back i should have done as all you guys said race the clock not the car, ( gotta remember that ) your right as far as some of the fastest times , i remember a white yugo running good but it was a pure race car .
on my last run i wanted to turn up the boost but i did'nt know which way to turn the adjustable knob ( i know it sounds nuts, but i leave thing were my mech, **Turbot231** puts it at, which was 22lbs. I would have like to here at 25 to 26lbs ). don't know how much difference 5-lbs of boost would have made but by the time i was on the phone with my mechanic, the track official was telling me to hang up.

as far as gaw goes i have'nt seen to many mustangs from him Gabby is now into those big ford turbo diesal's. i know that next time i go i want to go with guys who have a little experience just to give me pointers. but your right the car has alot more in here, it's me ( the driver ) who has to get better.:smile:

sorry to hear about the track closeing, i know how that feels i remember when they closed hollywood speedway , good track but the idiots closed it:confused:

pablo how long did you live here? why did you move? if you don't mind me asking.

I was born and raised in Miami and lived there till I was just about to turn 22.

I left when I joined the Marine Corps. I never went to Miami-hollywood speedway. Was before my time. First street races I ever went to were on okeechobee road back in 1993.

The house I grew up in is in Saga Bay (my mom still lives there) so I would race there all the time. I used to wish like hell they would build a track in Miami. I would ride my bicycle by Homestead Speedway every day and see the tons of land they could build one on.
Driving to Moroso from Saga Bay is like a cross country trip. One time I broke an axleshaft there and had to get a guy to tow me home. 220 dollars and that is because he hooked me up. The track towing company wanted over 300.

Back then where I lived (cutler ridge area from saga bay) was wall to wall 5.0's. Crawford performance was right up the street and that was the shop that pioneered the 347 stroker for mustangs. So you can imagine there were some pretty quick ones. I saw more than a few cars lift the front wheels up infront of mt trashmore.

I miss it.. there is way more of an active car scene in Miami than there is in San Diego county. Only drag racing though... around here there is a lot of mountain driving for people that like to corner and that is pretty cool.

dude hope you make it back home safe, i'm prior service also U.S.Army 19-Delta. your right about moroso it's a long drive for me to, i really find that a road trip. and i'm afraid of the same thing that happened to you happen to me.

there's still alot of mustangs but i had only one try me a Roush? not sure what the heck that is but it sounds and looks nice , we could'nt really run cause of traffic. dam i remember crawford performance also my brother's friend took his car there. I hope you plan on coming back when your tour is over (but that's not always the case, i know trust me:biggrin: ) the car seen here has boomed alot. be safe pablo :cool:

YouTube - Grandnational at county line

I actually finished my 5 year contract in may of 06. Have stuck around here for God knows why... I don't even know. I got a job as a contractor for the Marine Corps.
I may be coming back to Miami. I don't really have a reason to stick around here and I miss black beans and rice, croquetas, bistec, and cuban sandwitches :D Theres none of that around here :frown:

Anyway, I will be back to visit soon. I'll have to see you run that thing at County line when I do.

LMAO.... That story mad me laugh. I love the honesty. Car looks sweet in those pics. I'm sure the next time ur out ull step into it. That rain would concern me as well. I little drizzle with that kinda power could be expensive....:cool:

your absolutely right gnbrett,and thanks for the compliments, below is a pic of the damage last time i ran her in the rain. i should have stepped on it but i was so dam nervous, i hardly drive my car ( ask anyone down here) i would like to run here again but with the boost at , around 27lbs , but i'll listen to my mech, cause the engine has only about 450 miles on the new motor. this is the tracks web site but if you let the video play you'll see a white mustag about to wipe-out--it's about a little bit before the half way point last week 2 vette's hit the wall :eek: .Welcome to Countyline Dragway Inc. - Miami's First 1/8 Mile Dragstrip

Pablo, whenever your down here drop me a line bud, we'll definetly get a couple of guys together and hit the track.

Attachments

• Picture 419.jpg
    Picture 419.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 131
Hey bro, I love the stance on the car with those MT radials in the rear ! :eek: Did u race that Evo ? Any idea what were his times ? good luck next time ! :cool:

thanks gerson, he ran pretty good ( i think) he did'nt really, i raced him it was my first race which was my worst 8.009 and he was behind me a couple of cars, but it took off right next to me , we both had traction issues. really nice evo. i will get better all it takes is a little practice:smile: