First speeding ticket, Ever...

79 Ghost

Dam CHP! they got me.... ticket is for 10 over, I was doing 25 over... i wonder if he is gona show up to court? he liked the car, ask if it was a grand national, i told him no its a 79, he said.. so this is before they painted them black.

he got me....

You had some good luck there!

The dam MP's on Fort Polk have pulled me over twice in the last year just to look at the car!!

If I knew that was what they were pulling me over for I would have kept going but, you never know.

Every once in a while when there are no other cars around they want me to do a burnout at the checkpoint where they scan the ID cards to get on base!

Not a problem.;)

Just pay it, he cut you a break.

Unless it's considered a serious speeding violation with lots of points etc. that's gonna really hurt your insurance costs, then fighting it would be a good idea.

I think a ticket like that around here is a basic revenue producer with no real consequences for insurance costs.

That of course varies by state.

Insurance companies pay a fee to DMV to access ones driving record. It really dosent matter if you have points on your license as far as insurance is concerned. They will know what violations occurred whether you received points on ur license or not.

The points will affect ur driving status with DMV of course if you get too many points and may require one to take a driver safety course if more then (10) points have been acquired on ones driving record. But point violations have come down dramatically for moving violations over the years so you would have to have many violation to suspend ones license unless you get arrested for DUI or reckless driving. Those violations can result in (10) points alone.

Every state is different, Brett. Are you speaking of your experience in your state, because it doesn't work that way in OR, CA, WA...

Every state is different, Brett. Are you speaking of your experience in your state, because it doesn't work that way in OR, CA, WA...

The access to DMV records is common is most all states. As far as violations and what the fines or penalties could be are different in every state.

Most large Insurance companies are nationwide and have been accessing those DMV records for decades now throughout the country.

You had some good luck there!

The dam MP's on Fort Polk have pulled me over twice in the last year just to look at the car!!

If I knew that was what they were pulling me over for I would have kept going but, you never know.

Every once in a while when there are no other cars around they want me to do a burnout at the checkpoint where they scan the ID cards to get on base!

Not a problem.;)

I remember my Dad getting a ticket on base for going 7mph in a 5mph zone. He was pissed, especially being a retired MP. Who's speedometer is accurate at 5mph? Geez.

I remember my Dad getting a ticket on base for going 7mph in a 5mph zone. He was pissed, especially being a retired MP. Who's speedometer is accurate at 5mph? Geez.

That's just some wannabe breaking balls. Suprised they didnt show any love being a retired MP. Then again, there probably arent too many civilans operating a car on a military base so military and retired military are who the MP's would have contact with I guess. Still pathetic tho.

First speeding ticket ever?

Most of you weren't born when I got my first ticket. LOL

Mikey

Every once in a while they get on a kick and get people for 1 or 2 over but, it is the military MP's that do that. E-4's etc..tryin to be somebody.

We also have federal police that make up the MP force on base. They are mostly former civilian law enforcement and they have a more common sense approach to things than the soldiers do.

Civilian law enforcement. LOL
you are either civilian or you are law enforcement. There is no between. :)

Civilian law enforcement before they were federal law enforcement.

Anyone in federal service refers to others as civilian.:rolleyes:

Not to hijack, but it's funny, my 1st was for 110 in a 55 in my 83 Stang GT racing an 85 GT. I was doing 120, but the officer said 110, who am I to argue.
I couldnt beat em so I joined em..