First Race In The Gn

DEVIL GN

was at a local spot here in chicago tonight called DOTY road. I raced a 92 5.0 LX with a procharger supercharger. Being so cold out tonight the car loved all that cold air. I got him out of the whole and he never caught up. At the end i had 3 cars on him.

Nice kill

Doty, eh? I haven't been there since last May. I didn't really think there'd be much action with it being so cold out tonight. Was the stang you raced dark red/maroon?

No it was a blue lol couldnt really tell what degree of blue it was such as navy blue or what not. Ya I didn't think anyone would be up there as well, but there was the mustang and old lightning 95? and few RT.s dakotas I think? And the forever pesky ricers.

Man, I havent even driven my GN in this stupidly cold weather an yer racing mustangs. I wish it was 30 degrees warmer

oh yeah, where in chi-town are u?

I only bring the car out in the Cold But dry days only when I know theres no snow in the forecast and the streets are dry. Im in the city near downtown.

chicago street races

i had a few races on DOTY ROAD, THE CHI. SKYWAY, SOUTH CHICAGO AVE., STONY ISLAND AVE,& my favorite spot was on WESTERN AV. between 83rd & 87 th., & my first kill was on 55th, i miss those streets. :D MARVIN

Where in Chicago is Doty Rd.? I'm about 15 minutes from downtown and when the weather gets warmer I would like to check out the local spots.

Originally posted by BlackBuick84
Man, I havent even driven my GN in this stupidly cold weather an yer racing mustangs. I wish it was 30 degrees warmer

oh yeah, where in chi-town are u?

What happened to Florida? I figured you would be in the GN no matter the temp when you got home;)

Originally posted by blackbuick87
What happened to Florida? I figured you would be in the GN no matter the temp when you got home;)

The school sucked, and normally I would be driving the GN as much as I could, but the last time I drove it in cold weather I blew a headgasket:mad: Which led to finding out the current engine was crap. So i'll just wait for that magical day when the temperature jumps 20 degrees(which could be soon w/ this chicago weather)

Happy hunting!

I made a pass at doty in november, I was itching to after rebuild, It was about 30 degrees out and I spun all the way through the quarter, Sideways to the eighth. besides for a couple of hours new years eve. Car has stayed in garage out of danger!!! so good luck , they make a lot of power but no traction...

The one time I was up at Doty it got busted. Luckily I didn't have my car up there. Cops blocked everyone in and grabbed all the keys from every car. They tossed all the keys on the hood of one of thier cruisers. For $20 you had 30 seconds to locate your keys. If you found em, they let you go. If not, they wrote you a ticket. :eek: They made an easy couple hundred pocket cash that night.

Was that mustang a notch? There is a blue fox body stang across from my girlfriends house. No hiding the blower on this thing, I can hear the thing whining from an easy 200 feet away. ;) Sounds nasty. :D

COLD IN TAMPA, FL

WOW!! me and cody could berly take his GN out tonite..it was like 30' degrees outside.. it is supposed to be sun shiny weather... BS..lol:D ... hehe :rolleyes: