First Loss... TT C5

ACLR8R

I was driving home from working out and I was stopped at a light. I looked behind me and saw a C5 vette, I am like sweet maybe he'll want a piece. Light goes green I roll on it a little about 1/2 throttle, and he is all over my butt. So I stab it, and hit about 18psi (It was a 105 degrees outside) he changed lanes from behind me to beside me. I hold him off through first Im thinking wow its a fairly quick vette. We both hit second and he starts pulling me, I'm like uh oh. He gets to my passenger side door and shifts into third and all I hear is ppssshhh (blow off valve noise) oh crap!!! In third he was steadily pulling away from me. I pull up to him at the next light and asked what he had, he said stock, I asked again what he had, and he said twins:eek: He said it had a TTI kit and some other stuff and that he had dynoed over 600 to the wheels:eek: It was a super sweet car it had 17 or 18in wheels, big crossed drilled rotors,big exhaust..etc. Everyone loses some time, at least I lost to a really cool car.

36-1 is the new record

Wow, sounds like a good race. You think if it was cooler you might have had a shot? But then again, he had to deal with the heat too.

It would have been more fun if it was cooler because both cars would have been running better. The way he was pulling me in third I didnt have a chance, he wasnt putting buss lengths on me but it was a steady pull, probably a car every 3-4 seconds.

Ya. Still sounds like a good run. I guess you never know whats under the hood of any car out there these days.

Sounds familiar. Gn's usually smoke everything, but when they run into TT vette they usually meet their match. Unless it is a big tire Gn car, the twinvette will usually get the nod. Sounds like a great run.

Originally posted by twinvette
Sounds familiar. Gn's usually smoke everything, but when they run into TT vette they usually meet their match. Unless it is a big tire Gn car, the twinvette will usually get the nod. Sounds like a great run.

Anyone else wonder if this is John Meaney speaking? :confused:

HUH???

what does your car run at 18psi?

you must be a mid 10 sec car in race trim to hang with a 600rwhp C5.

Bring that twin Vette on! In the stage car that is. I only race 0-60 against turbo LS1s in my car :) .

Twin turbos, cross-drilled rotors, large wheels: sounds like a Lingenfelter Twin Turbo Vette. Besides my 87 GN, I have an 86 Vette with a Lingenfelter stroked 383 I'm currently building (400 RWHP). He sent me a video with the exact motor in a Firechicken. It did low 11's and topped out at 195 MPH (no bull****, it's on his website for sale). Shows it beating a Saleen, Black Widow Viper (500 HP) and a Hennessy Viper (600 HP).

If the TT was a Lingenfelter, stock motor with the twins is 500 RWHP and the built version is 650 RWHP.

C&D or R&T did an article on the one of his TT's last year (before he got hurt). He went 240 MPH and still had some rpm's to go. They said it was "the fastest street legal production car ever tested". I think he was low 11's/ high 10's in the quarter too (couldn't hook).

I'd be happy to keep up with a car like that considering anything in it's class cost about a million bucks! (TT is about $100,000 and the cost of a new Vette).

FYI

Weave!

I find that weaving into the fancy car's lane will do the trick, they don't want to have an old Buick ding thier 65K car, so they hit the brakes. :D You gotta do what ya gotta do. - T

Somebody got riped if they payed 100,000 for a TT kit when there are companies all over that make TT kits for LS1's that make anywhere from 500 whp to 900+. And they are all under 25,000. I have seen many kits for 4400. And they make 550 whp.

Re: Weave!

Originally posted by FromaBuick6
I find that weaving into the fancy car's lane will do the trick, they don't want to have an old Buick ding thier 65K car, so they hit the brakes. :D You gotta do what ya gotta do. - T

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming you're kidding......correct????:eek:

Mr. T, who are you talking about? My name is not John M.
Clarify please.

Nevermind, consider it an oops on my part. John Meaney lives in metro-Detroit and has a TT SBC in his 90 (IIRC) Vette and is putting 1300hp through it. I ASSuMEd that you may have been him based on your user name.

No offense, just playing a hunch. ;)

Re: Weave!

Originally posted by FromaBuick6

I'm giving you the short-bus award for that one! :D

Does it come come with a cash award?

Just out of curiousity, does the award come with any money? I need a new exhaust system! (Disclaimer: Please do not weave into your opponents lane, it's dangerous, only joking OF COURSE!). Thank you -T:p

Originally posted by 2 QK 4 U
LOL, Unfortunately, I handed all the Cash acompanied Short-bus Awards out already :p

I got one when I sold my '85 "T" for $2500 back in '91! :eek:

........used it to buy one of those "special little" bicycle helmets that I'm required to wear 24/7.....so that everyone knows I'm a dumba$$:eek: :eek: :eek: