first cruise nite of '05

lieu910

Went to our first local cruise nite last night.

Parked in the post-80 orphan section.

All of my car friends are now too busy with soccer games, kids etc.

Stressed over people touching my car.

Ate bad food.

Burned 3 gallons of 100 octane.

Sooooo....why do I go to cruises???? :confused:

I feel your pain. I ask myself the same question all the time. Guess it beats watching the grass grow.

Frustrating being treated as a 2nd hand automotive enthusiast at these things as most of the people there don't think any fast cars were made after 1972.

I always feel better when I know that my car is probably faster than 95% of the cars at these events. :D

Here in CT it is real hard to even find an event that will let our cars in. :mad: I love the shows that are for charity and then have a 72 cutoff date and a half empty show field.:rolleyes:

I quit going to cruise-ins for many of those same reasons plus people there always give me the "Nice Monte Carlo" thing or tell me 101 reasons why their 350 powered 1946 Studebaker would outrun me. I promised myself last year I wouldn't go this year and I have held to my word.

cruise

went to a judged show today. Camaros, t-birds, GTP, grand am, corvettes, mustangs, f150 lightning and one Buick T Type (mine). Bone stock dark metalic blue and looks new and super clean from the ground up. Got first place trophy in '80 to present class. :) There are some out there who appreciate these cars. It used to be very few... I now see more every year that do know a little about Buick turbo cars. Some ask questions like they want to know more. :D I understand what you are saying. Supose you keep going to the cruise and shows and then people do learn more and the value of these cars just keeps going up???
Hang in there and HAVE FUN! :eek:

boy that sucks. around here all makes, models, years are allowed just no import crap. GNs and T's draw alot of attention here at my cruise spots and are very respected.