First and probably last kill (long)

RKturbo6

Well finally after working about a year got the car running pretty good. I thought it was up to par last week but had electrical issues that I discovered when I went to go out for a Saturday night cruise. After tracking down a couple of bugs this week I decided to try and go cruising around tonight in it for the first time since I first bought the car 2 years ago. Had my best friend and his son with me and we drove around for about 3 hours straight with nothing going on. So about 11:30 I dropped them off and started home and figured I would cruise down 41 one more time. Well as luck would finally have it I ran across a early 90's GT and I realized I knew the driver. I was just going about 40 and he comes flying up beside me and slows down. I knew his car was modded pretty good and I still do not have the 9/11 in yet and running the stock D5. So we catch a light and I'm talking to him and so on an the light turns green. I had already flipped the L/U switch and the boost was at about 26lbs. He hammers it and spins a good bit and I put the pedal down and finish my cigarette waiting for it to start spooling. All I can say is he was about 2 cars ahead and had just went to 2nd when my turbo started coming on and in the blink of an eye it was over. Let me tell you I blew past him like he was standing still I got about 4 cars ahead and slowed down and we came up to another light. He just looked shocked and said "Man that thing is sick" I asked him what he was runing now he said about 12.6 and the asked me what I was running. I said that I had just got it ruuning had no converter yet and not been to the track. He said that it had to be a 10 sec car the way I blew past him. I smiled and said maybe someday. The light turns green again and he trys it again this time there was some GTI VW or something on the otherside beating the hell out of his car trying to keep up but as before I was by him real bad, real quick. So things looking good right? :) Wrong! Right as I start slowing down (Was well over 100mph) All three of us blow past a Sheriffs car sitting on the side of the road and he comes flying out right past them and behind me. After drilling me about how he could have me arrested and all under the newly passed Drag racing law he gives me a ticket for Racing on the Highway whith is a mandatory court date. I have no idea what is going to happen there but I am sure it will not be pretty. :(

So I have been trying to get a house and they are getting crazy as far as $ and was thinking about getting out of it anyway. Now after this I think I need to settle down and call it quits while I still can. So it is going up for sale next week. :(

Hi,
But you are just getting started! Cut out the street stuff and take it to the strip. Don't sell your baby! You'll regret it...

Originally posted by 83ttypecooled
Hi,
But you are just getting started! Cut out the street stuff and take it to the strip. Don't sell your baby! You'll regret it...

Ditto!.... :cool:

Definitely get a lawyer, I'm not trying to brag but I've used many a lawyer to get me out of several speeding tickets. It's worth the money. Don't sell you car. Eddy

Russ, that's terrible news! I know how these street racing laws are getting us all down, and it really does seem like time to sell. I always think so myself. But I say to you, don't sell the car! Bring it by the shop some Sunday.
Hope all goes well with the court date.

-Angelo

Get yourself a lawyer asap and if you wanna sell the car, send me pics and info. Best of luck with it.

Matt

The car is posted in the sale section with some pics. E-mal me if you need anymore pics or info.