Firing order question

GNX548

I did something i have never done before I messed up my wires:mad: I was told that the firing order is 165432. But does that matter with the coil pack? The problem i have is beening an old pontiac man the manifold had the numbers right on it. I see on the coil pack that the numbers are list there but whats the order on the motor? does it go, number #1 on the coil pack go to #1 driver side front and #2 on the coil pack go to#2 on the pass side front ect. ect. ?Long night might be thinking to much. any help would be great.

Thanks

The cylinders are 1,3&5 on the drivers side starting from the front, and 2,4 &6 on the passenger side from the front. Just put 1 to 1 and so on.

Driver side: 1 3 5
Pass Side: 2 4 6

The 1,3 and 5 is on the back of the coil pack. 2,4 and 6 is on the front. Hope this helps.

Originally posted by GNX548
I did something i have never done before I messed up my wires:mad: I was told that the firing order is 165432. But does that matter with the coil pack? The problem i have is beening an old pontiac man the manifold had the numbers right on it. I see on the coil pack that the numbers are list there but whats the order on the motor? does it go, number #1 on the coil pack go to #1 driver side front and #2 on the coil pack go to#2 on the pass side front ect. ect. ?Long night might be thinking to much. any help would be great.

Thanks
Yup!

1-1
2-2
3-3 and so on. Least on mine!

Thanks tangofox, after i posted it I thought about it. Just one of those nights.thanks :)

Thanks everyone for the fast replies. When your having a sh:confused: tty night it great to get a helping hand:D :D :D

No problem, it happens to all of us. That is why we are here.