Finally....I've joined the crowd

69GS400s

I've been playing with Buicks for the better part of 20 years now....all '69s though !! Currently have (2) GS400 Convert. , an Mint Skylark ( for sale....see here http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51874) and a SportWagon400.

Now....Finally....Im the Proud owner of a '87 T-type Limited Two-Tone paint, T-tops, 63K mi. bought from original owner. Im going to have LOTS of Q's :confused: as Im new to turbo's (but been around them in the GSCA a long time) but first things first:

How many of the Limited's got Two Tone paint ?? and T-tops ??

Are production breakdowns that particular ??

Thanks to all

Welcome Alan! I've seen you around on the v8buick board and have admired your cars including the Sportwagon! I've got one of those GS cars too- see my sig below. First- you're going to love the turbo car! Travel/ surf over to GNTTYPE.org and devour every bit of info there as that will give you a giant knowledge base. This site is wonderful too with excellent technical help- one big, sometimes happy family. Your car sounds pretty rare being a LC2 Limited with T-Tops. Does it have the WO2 blackout package or the chrome package with the wide lower stainless mouldings? Half vinyl landau top? I don't believe that GM kept any records on breakdown of G Body cars with T-Tops but I'd say it's pretty rare prolly like 1 in 10 cars I'd guess. Scantool and fuel pump mods should be first on your list. Boost is veerry addictive!!:cool: See you around.

Thanks for the comps on the GS's and the Sporty too ....thats got a HotRoddin' Future in it somewhere;)

The car has Chrome trim and bumpers, cornering lamps and a few oddities:confused: The original owner has al documents (which I'll soon get).

It was a very late production piece. As such even though Twilight sentinal was ordered (Dash switch present) the sensor unit is not there. Also The Landau top was Dealer-added.

The Reason ?? i was told as he was....BUICK RAN OUT OF PARTS. That is what the orig. owner was told. The window sticker says Twilight and inyl top....as well as power bench seat.....which isn't their either. He was refunded the amounts though - after paying a hefty G-note premium once the car arrived to the dealer (4 months after ordering).

I plan on documenting as much as i can - the orig. owner also has a TTA !! and although far from young (when bought ....or now!!) he knew a jewel when he saw it.

He has put some Applied Technology stuff on the car already (Chip, 2nd fuel pump? and cat-back exhaust ....) I'll be pouring over all the details of these fine cars.

Funny....I almost bought a T-type new in '87 but couldn't afford it (fresh out of college)- my buddy bought a GN and still has it (he landed a better job).

Sounds like a very nice and unique car! Mine appears externally just like a Limited but has the buckets/ console on inside. Has wide chrome mouldings, cornering lights, heavy padded vinyl top, and T-Top roof. Unusual indeed. You've joined the ranks of the TR sleepers! My next car will be a 87 Limited/LC2 car with chrome, vinyl, leather, and factory moonroof. I can dream, right? Might be hard to find what I'm looking for even if I didn't have a color preference.

Suggestion:
1. Remove the ATR chip, replace with almost anyone else.

If you have the ATR double pump setup, look or find out if they have the hobb switch to activate the second pump. In the early days,(going from memory) ATR ran both pumps at the same time. Also they weren't the Walbro 307 or 340 in those days.

Welcome to BOOST.

Gary