Finally have my build #

Steve86TA

I got my PHS packet today # 1176.It only took me a few years to get around to ordering it.:biggrin:

BUILD #s ARE BUNK!

I got my PHS packet today # 1176.It only took me a few years to get around to ordering it.:biggrin:

I was just told that the build numbers PHS sends are not real.I was told that these cars were pulled @ random and sent to PAS,who has nothing to do with Pontiac.
The owner of the only convertible,the only emissions test vehicle & the only
black on black pilot car informed me.He also owns all the PAS records which tell
of each and every TTA produced and every modification made to each TTA.
He is one of the owners of CARMOTORSPORTS.Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm sure someone else out there knows this guy.

Razor,he said he knows you/Care to put your 2 cents worth in on this one & shed some light on this subject? :D

I see this thread heating up ;)

I don't want to get in the middle of an argument about these details, but the TTA FAQ List links to his web site showing Historical & Prottype GTA/TTA's. :smile:

As far as I know PHS's numbers are correct. Even if their numbers aren't correct as for when the cars where finished at PAS, they're the only credible numbers to go by. I mean outside of the festival cars, and the last couple cars everything is all the same to me. It just gives you something for everyone to reference off of and if they're not the order that the cars were produced at PAS they probably go by the order at Pontiac. However PHS keeps very detailed records, Pontiac has been one of the best manufactures with their records and they have a lot of information that they have made public through PHS.

I was just told that the build numbers PHS sends are not real.I was told that these cars were pulled @ random and sent to PAS,who has nothing to do with Pontiac.
black on black pilot car informed me.He also owns all the PAS records which tell

Razor,he said he knows you/Care to put your 2 cents worth in on this one & shed some light on this subject? :D

I did get my build number from PHS and I have records from PAS on my Cloth/T-Top car and they are the same, #90. So I do not know how much validity there is to this. I would not be surprised to see Rich having all the PAS records. He has just about anything and everything on these cars!

- Dave

I did get my build number from PHS and I have records from PAS on my Cloth/T-Top car and they are the same, #90. So I do not know how much validity there is to this. I would not be surprised to see Rich having all the PAS records. He has just about anything and everything on these cars!

- Dave

I'm glad to hear that! Davege has as much creditability as anyone about the details on these cars.... :)

When I bought my car new, I was looking and calling on other cars (20th TTAs).
Scott Kelley was selling his hardtop, but with mods, and since I had called him at his work (PAS), he went ahead, and gave me my car number.
He also gave me all the sequence numbers like drivetrain, engine, and tranny, which don't match up with the car number.
He informed me that they (PAS) wanted them to match, but they never got all put together with the same numbers.
Years later, no one believed that I knew my car number, including alot of 20th TTA owners.
So, when PHS started selling their packet with the letter stating the build number, I went ahead and ordered it.
Guess what?
Same car number as Scott Kelley told me from using PAS records.

George:cool:

Back 8/25 72firebird contacted Jeff Beitzel one of the designers for the TTA and owner of PAS. He sent Jeff a list of Questions WE had and jeff answerd all the questions promptly. Jeffs answer for the build # question was that the TTA had a unique VIN # starting in 1G5 which would set them apart from the rest of the line. This would also mean that the cars were Not picked at random, They were scheduled to be TTA's when they started the line:cool: If anyone can find this post again and re post it that would be:cool: :cool:

Back 8/25 72firebird contacted Jeff Beitzel one of the designers for the TTA and owner of PAS. He sent Jeff a list of Questions WE had and jeff answerd all the questions promptly. Jeffs answer for the build # question was that the TTA had a unique VIN # starting in 1G5 which would set them apart from the rest of the line. This would also mean that the cars were Not picked at random, They were scheduled to be TTA's when they started the line:cool: If anyone can find this post again and re post it that would be:cool: :cool:
I don't know if that's entirely true. My build sheet that I found in the car had an original VIN starting with 1G2 but also said Turbo GTA on it. So they might have been scheduled to be TTA's but the VIN didn't come until after.

I had said this before. If you guys still have your original transmission look on the tag. The transmissions were specially built for the TTA's and had sequential had written numbers on them. They were then installed one after another.
Steve K.

I would not be surprised to see Rich having all the PAS records. He has just about anything and everything on these cars!

- Dave

Rich got most of them he told me and the plan was to have them all scanned and made avalible to all owners in one way or another. Rich promised to get me mine but that was well over a year ago and I'm still waiting :) Infact I'll drop him a line and remind him .... I think someone else got the first 100 or so records ....

Steve,
Those tranny numbers are not the number of the cars.
Even your turbo intercooler has a sequence number stamped, which also is not the car number.

Hope this helps,

George:cool:

Rich got most of them he told me and the plan was to have them all scanned and made avalible to all owners in one way or another. Rich promised to get me mine but that was well over a year ago and I'm still waiting :) Infact I'll drop him a line and remind him .... I think someone else got the first 100 or so records ....

If he will make them available to us here, I'll include it in the TTA FAQ List. :)