Finally got the car to the track.......

turbosam6

My cars suck
Took my D1SC procharged 408 Z28 to the track today, finally. Fastest I have ever been before was 11.50 at 116, but I trapped 120 in the GN once. Today I ran a 10.42 at 134.79, with a easy 1.63 60" (trying not to break the 12 bolt). I rolled off the line like I was parking in my garage. I didn't really floor it till the end of second gear, and for once it didn't spin (on the street all it does is spin). Holy **** this ****er is fast! I slowly buried the throttle and it pulled so hard my vision blurred! Felt like a roller coaster! This was in complete street trim too, 3800 lbs, pump gas, didn't even adjust the shocks or tire psi. I run MT drag radials all the time, at 18 psi. I cut a bunch of 1.5x short times last year, it hooked but thats all the power she had. I could see this cutting some high 1.4's and if I could grow a set and actually put it to the wood for a whole pass I think 9's might happen. Or I could do the lightweight driver mod, seeing as how my fat 300 lb ass isn't helping much.

I was pretty happy with it, so I only made one pass. I got into the event for free via hookup, it was $40 to get in, and I was having a good day so I said **** it and just watched. My tranny and rear end aren't really strong enough to handle a hard launch from this motor, and I figured I'd leave on a high note. I have plans next weekend for my B-day and didn't want a broken car looming over my head.

Dammmm great run !!!!!!!... why won't a 12 bolt hold up ???? I was thinkin of one for my daughters GN :cool:

12 bolt posi units aren't super strong. If my car were lighter I wouldn't be so concerned. If you want to run super high HP a 9" is a better way to go.

Thats about as fast as my 346 on nitrous . I know alot of ppl on tech break the 12 bolts but i never broke my 7 1/2 and i went deep in the tens and street raced all the time so dont be scared let her rip .

turbosam6 said:
Took my D1SC procharged 408 Z28 to the track today, finally. Fastest I have ever been before was 11.50 at 116, but I trapped 120 in the GN once. Today I ran a 10.42 at 134.79, with a easy 1.63 60" (trying not to break the 12 bolt). I rolled off the line like I was parking in my garage. I didn't really floor it till the end of second gear, and for once it didn't spin (on the street all it does is spin). Holy **** this ****er is fast! I slowly buried the throttle and it pulled so hard my vision blurred! Felt like a roller coaster! This was in complete street trim too, 3800 lbs, pump gas, didn't even adjust the shocks or tire psi. I run MT drag radials all the time, at 18 psi. I cut a bunch of 1.5x short times last year, it hooked but thats all the power she had. I could see this cutting some high 1.4's and if I could grow a set and actually put it to the wood for a whole pass I think 9's might happen. Or I could do the lightweight driver mod, seeing as how my fat 300 lb ass isn't helping much.

I was pretty happy with it, so I only made one pass. I got into the event for free via hookup, it was $40 to get in, and I was having a good day so I said **** it and just watched. My tranny and rear end aren't really strong enough to handle a hard launch from this motor, and I figured I'd leave on a high note. I have plans next weekend for my B-day and didn't want a broken car looming over my head.

Man thats awsome!

It should trap 140 when I get fully in it. Thats what the math says anyway.

Whats weird is it didn't feel fast top speed-wise. I really don't care to go fast, I just like rapid acceleration. It felt really stable and didn't make me nervous, just pulled very very hard when it was to the wood. I'll get used to it and make it faster, its a stupid, viscious circle. :biggrin:

I went 6.48@108 and it laid down i shut it down and it went 10.48@122 to trap 140 you need about 112 in the eight unless you pick up 30 i pick up around 28 unlocked 4l60 maybe stick is better .

laz said:
I went 6.48@108 and it laid down i shut it down and it went 10.48@122 to trap 140 you need about 112 in the eight unless you pick up 30 i pick up around 28 unlocked 4l60 maybe stick is better .

Well, I did pick up 30 but I wasn't all the way in it until just before the 1/8 anyway. I lock my convertor too. I'm just going by the math using weight vs. hp. Of course there are other factors too. On the other hand, I can get a couple hundred lbs. out of here real quick too.....

Ive seen alot of 12 bolts with the wheels in the air and 9.40s and didnt have any problems. I'm running one in my car also 28.5x10 low9 or high eights.

the nine inch housing is actually very weak hence all the weld on brackets/ supports. Its alos very heavy and takes alot of power to turn. If I was breaking 12 bolts I would look onto a dana 60.

chevyII said:
Ive seen alot of 12 bolts with the wheels in the air and 9.40s and didnt have any problems. I'm running one in my car also 28.5x10 low9 or high eights.

the nine inch housing is actually very weak hence all the weld on brackets/ supports. Its alos very heavy and takes alot of power to turn. If I was breaking 12 bolts I would look onto a dana 60.

Most of those 12 bolts you see running in the 9's are using spools, which I am trying to stay away from. I saw Strange came out with a Dana 60 for my car, might have to check it out, maybe get a narrowed one so I can run a deeper dish rim and make it look tougher. Might as well get a little higher gear ratio too, for when it goes faster.