Finally got my T Type started

cwmccray

Undercover TURBO Brother
It has been over 2 1/2 years since I cranked my T Type and I got her cranked Saturday Night....:cool: I had her in piece in my garage and had to move. I put her back stock and fixed the steering column (Damn Car Thieves:mad:) and put fresh gas in her. At first I thought I needed to prime her, so I mashed the valve on the fuel rail and I got fuel to the injectors. I then thought it might be the injectors, so I got a Noid tester.... This injectors firing.... Sprayed ether in TB and she crunk and died... Humm, well it could be a blown fuse... Pulled and check all fuses... Then I thought, could be fuel pump or relay.... I kept spraying ether until I finally ran down the battery....

As I was charging my battery, I noticed the fused, quick connect wire on the battery was not connect... Humm, I hooked it back up and BAMMM she crunk and stayed running...

Nothing sounds better than a running Turbo Buick..... and the smell of roasted acorns, pecan and berrys. Thanks to squirels and mice, my car became a weekend spa....:mad: I know have to plan to replace conduit and a few wires from the Winter Feast under my hood.....:D

CONGRATS on bring her back to life. ahhhh yes the sound of a TB. there is no other sound like her on the planet.... take care of her man...

Definite music after not running for that long! Always a good thing! Congrats on getting it back up and running!

I am still trying to CATCH UP to you Mark:eek:. I have had to move my car TWICE:mad:. I have my two spare 4.1 engines with ported 86 intake and heads on engine stands.:mad: Getting the forged pistons ATE up the budget:mad: I am still debating if I am going to pizz of the FORD guy with a 4.1 Turbo Buick in my SVO......

:biggrin:Hmmm... This thread is missing something.... PIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John:biggrin:

Chuck,
You can catch up quickly - I'm standing still! LOL
Cam sensor on my 84 took a dump today!
Back to the parts suppliers! LOL again