Finally got engine running!!

Turbostangman

Some may remember me posting about a 84 GN engine being dropped into a kit car.

Well we got it running tonight. It fired right up but now we have a problem.

It idles OK but a little rough. You rev it up and it begins to run very rich. It misses and blows very rich out the tail pipes. So bad there's a big cloud and it makes your eyes water.

Here is what we did/replaced;
New Plugs, wires, O2 sensor, upper and lower gaskets, new crank angle sensor, etc.

The motor ran about the same before we pulled it out of the original car. We hoped the tune up parts would help. I checked for proper TPS voltage and that was OK.

The car the motor was in originaly sat for quite some time before we got it running. Could the rich problem be a stuck injector?

Any ideas guys?

Thanks.

do a tap test (but they are not always accurate) or swap with a known good maf??

After you check out the mass air flow sensor and the problem is still there, make sure all the plug wire are correct (firing order), the car will run but real crappy. Do you have the right chip? What size injectors? What is the fuel pressure? Hey is this a Fiero based kit car? I am also doing one, well actually two of them.

HTH
Prasad

Glad to see ya here, man!

As far as the car, I also agree with the others. CHeck to see if the ship is correct for the injectos size, use a known good MAF and also I would change the IAC. Are you also sure the module and coil pack are ok?