Finally found a great 87 Grand National

John B .

Thrust you can trust
image.jpg
I remember back in 87 I test drove a GN, just didn't want to get rid of my truck. My goal of actually buying one 27 years later... Brother lives in OKC and able to scope this one out for me, after all he has one also! Best surprise was it has the "Astro Roof " in it, looked mainly for a hard top but I'm satisfied!! Any idea on cars with that option? I also have all paperwork from dealer and build sheet from factory.Brought the car back to Texas and all I get is gawking people at such a great car! It has several upgrades, looking to replace the exhaust first, any suggestions??

Congrats and welcome to the club! As mentioned, get a scanmaster if you don't have one yet. Very important.

Plenty of options when it comes to exhaust. Do some research using the search button to see which system might best serve your needs.

I'd look for an exhaust system in Stainless Steel. Plenty to choose from....RJC & Pypes come to mind. You might see a used Stainless Steel ATR 2 1/2" exhaust with Stainless Pit Bull Mufflers come available from time to time. These do pop up occasionally & are still one of the best systems .
Sounds like you're getting ready to start spending some money....(these cars are addictive), they don't call em "Black Crack" for nothing.
Welcome to the club , Brother!

Welcome to a great site, and nice looking GN
Post some more pictures if engine bay, interior, and create your Sig

Nice GN! I just got a new PYPE'S exhaust (as mentioned earlier} installed by Nick Micale in AZ. All one piece and all Stainless. Sounds great too! No drone. You will need a test pipe if you are replacing the cat or it might have already been done.

Gn1 system polished stainless steel
3" with pit bull style mufflers

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Attachments

• 1407513246090.jpg
    1407513246090.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 200