Finally...Coach's New Build...

oh yea! thats what im talking about. keep em coming. the hemco plenum, is it new and improved? doesnt look the same as 10 years ago

6cylboost said:
oh yea! thats what im talking about. keep em coming. the hemco plenum, is it new and improved? doesnt look the same as 10 years ago

Not new. It's a 70mm stock appearing plenum I have started to mod for appearance and it's been taken out to 72mm to match my throttlebody.

charlief1 said:
I'd love to have a set of those heads for mine one day.;)

Charlie...if you knew the deal I got on those heads...you would not have passed either. I was going with ported irons until these came available. Now they have changed the entire build. I was going to run a Te45a with the irons. Now I have a 67HPQ. I had a factory ECM with Scanmaster and Powerlogger, now I'm going FAST. I have 80# inj, but bumping to 95's.
I had a PTE Stretched SLIC, now I running the RJC 315-XTF Megacooler. It's kinda compounded the entire build to use the potential of the heads.
This is gonna be fun!!!

Charlie...if you knew the deal I got on those heads...you would not have passed either. I was going with ported irons until these came available. Now they have changed the entire build. I was going to run a Te45a with the irons. Now I have a 67HPQ. I had a factory ECM with Scanmaster and Powerlogger, now I'm going FAST. I have 80# inj, but bumping to 95's.
I had a PTE Stretched SLIC, now I running the RJC 315-XTF Megacooler. It's kinda compounded the entire build to use the potential of the heads.
This is gonna be fun!!!
That's how it starts. Looking good Coach.

forcefed3.8's said:
That's how it starts. Looking good Coach.

Thanks Rob. From where it started to where it's going are light years apart. Its basically going to be a 3rd brother to Brian's Chestnut car and Marty's Gray one. Just a few tenths slower. I just swapped my 80# inj for 95's. That way when we crank it up...the duty cycle won't keep us from running a good number. I have no intentions of racing this thing all the time. I have no cage. This build is solely so I can shut up all my friends that have those annoying crotch rocket bikes. That's what I told Brian when this all started. I wanted a mid 10 sec street car so I could beat most of those damn bikes. Well he has put me in a build that is going to run 9.9's or 9.8's pretty easy, so the bikes won't be an issue any longer. All the guys I know are afraid to run those bikes full tilt, so I gottem' pretty easy.
Your up next year....NEW PAINT!!!!

those annoying crotch rocket bikes.
its nice to beat up on them bikes when most kids think there is no way to beat them with a car let alone a 6 cylinder.
good luck on your build

I guess to keep Charlie happy...I'll post some more pics. I built a rear downforce wing. I got pics from the start of the design to the finish.
This wing was designed by Rick Hunt. For those who do not know, Rick worked for ASC and hand built the first 5 GNX's. He then built what many consider the Ultimate Clone in X-Ray...the only White GNX. I am a HUGE FAN of X-Ray and my love of that car has lead to a great friendship with Rick.
Well he sent me a prototype file about a year ago. He knew I was an engineer and toolmaker and wanted to see if I could make it for him. It was for a NASCAR style rear wing for the autocross guys. It was designed to attach to the factory wing and be totally functional. Well I asked for a re-design to be used for drag racing. He did and I made one of each style. I manufactured the drag race style and installed it on my car last summer, but only made it to one Buick Event to show it. This will be the first glance most of you get to see it.
With my new stroker...maybe I'll actually go fast enough to see if it works...hahaha.
Now it needs a few design changes. I want to notch out the wing part to move it closer to the decklid wing. All in all, it looks pretty good I think.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

image-4117194164.jpg
image-486227188.jpg
image-3487579198.jpg
image-1295340896.jpg
image-1585610430.jpg

Well here are some more pics of the plenum after I modded it. I removed the ribs and made a custom top and then did some trick machining to it. I wanted a total one-of-a-kind look. I can't show you a total finished piece because it's not total done yet...but here's some teaser pics. Enjoy.