Finally! A Nissan Skyline GTR!!!

meanchicken

gallo vicioso
Finally got lined up with one of these....but....I was in my bone stock 97 Grand Prix GTP and not my GN:mad:

The guy buzzed me so at the next light I got him to roll down his window to talk.
Me: How you like it?
Him: Kinda robitic...sterile....but fast...
Me: You're lucky I'm not in my Grand National right now....I'd give you a run.
Him: (smirking) Think so?
Me: Yup:biggrin:
Him: I also have a 66 Mustang...I actually prefer to drive that over this
Me: Very cool.

This dude was an okay guy...but as I watched him take off...and he hit it pretty hard......I could tell he didn't know how to drive that thing...would have been a perfect kill.:biggrin:

Another day.:cool:

shoulda....woulda...coulda.... blablabla lol. Dam, now that one I would have liked to have heard u report back on from the GN

Yup:D

But now I know what road to hang out on and at what time...:cool:

Once I get the transmission and converter redone...I'ma gonna hang out on this game trail, stalking this GTR and gonna see if I can register me another kill...:biggrin:

If you had the turbo swap instead of the supercharger, you would have handed him his ass.

Those things with someone that can drive them are pretty quick, but also remember he couldve been messen with you. People dont buy those cars and not know how to drive them most of the time.

The do say though that 3800 series 2 is the poor mans stage 2 motor. so throw a nice stall at it and decent turbo and whoop whoop whoop.....

I really haven't kept up on options for my GTP...didn't even realize folks were making kits for these cars...
With the GN and the 68 Camaro in my sig...last thing I need is another 11 second money pit.:rolleyes:
I'll actually be selling it in the very near future.

That said...
Which turbo kit you guys talking about?
....both of these look like fun...
INTENSE Rear-mounted Turbo Kit! - 3800Pro.com Forum
Cartuning Performance 3800 Turbo Kit: 3800 Performance

This guy in the GTR was definitely not a "driver"
Nice guy but....he had more than he'd bargained for in that machine...probably why he preferred driving his old Rustang...

YA know..something is starting to make sense now.
A few weeks back, I was cruising around trying to decide if it was time for a new transmission or not, and this GTP showed up out of no where and started monkeying around, pacing me from light to light but not really racing. I figured...it's a GTP...how hard could it be...if he goes I'll nail it and crush him.

I had my windows up and wasn't really listening for turbo's or anything.

I finally got annoyed with him and nailed it when I got to a nice open road with no lights ahead. He stayed back and watched.
He didn't do anything so sometime after I exceeded 85mph...I let off and turned my attention forward as I slowed back down to about 45mph...
A few seconds later I looked back in the rear view and he was coming pretty hot. Faster than the GTPs I know are...a lot faster.
He let off and started slowing before he got to me, but once he was within a few lengths (probably going aboout 10-15mph faster than me) I nailed it...and then so did he.
Even tho my 2/3 shift was slipping he stopped closing the gap and then as 3rd finally grabbed I slowly started to pull away....but not nearly as fast as I should have...I mean...it's just a freakin 15 second GTP...right?

Then I saw some smoke in my rear view...my smoke...so I let off.
The ol' transmission had finally had enough and was leaking fluid onto my exhaust from somewhere.

But that GTP definitely seemed like it had at least some 12 second punch in it. Maybe it was sportin' one of these turbo kits.

My GN is still driveable, but I'm leaving it garaged and saving up for the new trans and converter.
The 6265 turbo was too much for my old trans build. It seems to have lost the high speed clutch and the 2/3 is getting sloppier every time I drive it. I burned up the lock up in the converter a long time ago also... This trans was built for my old stock turbo combo...so I just need to upgrade.
I'll have the new one built for 750HP/TQ and no lock up this time...that'll be more than good enough to last any plans I have.:biggrin:

it couldve been man. Them things are like our cars in a way, but not. I know there is some low 10 second cars out there running around out there Im fixing to experiment some more with a impala that has the gtp swap.

Wow!
If I'd known a GTP could go like that, I'd probably tried something with it...

Well...no aftermarket turbo kit on a 97 GTP Grand Prix is gonna fly passed Cali smog anyway...:rolleyes:

We had a black GTR in the shop yesterday that my boss installed a custom exhaust system on. I'm not a import guy, but that is one beautiful car :)

My neighbor has one, and he allowed me to thrash on it a few times. Having a 10 sec gn and compairing it to the GTR. I will say that the GTR with the launch control on will smoke most mildly modified GNs. If the GTR is modded, turbo, exhaust etc, then it will be a hard car to beat. Look at the Hennessey GTR one bad ass ride.

Sorry to hear that your car is out of commission for a while. Going to miss your stories.

Don't know what kind of TC you want but you may want to look in the lounge section, Dusty Bradford is auctioning a PTC convertor to raise some money for a driver that got burned at their last race.

Sorry to hear that your car is out of commission for a while. Going to miss your stories.

Don't know what kind of TC you want but you may want to look in the lounge section, Dusty Bradford is auctioning a PTC convertor to raise some money for a driver that got burned at their last race.

Dusty's auction will be over before I have the cash to beat the current bid...:rolleyes:
Gotta get property tax's and other things taken care of first.

I'll be having the guy who's going to be building the trans also do the converter. He built the last trans and converter for me (billet 9" 3200 with LU) and it was pretty good...but in hind sight....I should not have gone with the LU and should have sprung for more billet parts, but...he built what I asked for...a strong transmission for a 12 second GN.
It held up to tons of 12 second and then mid/high 11 second abuse.
With the new 6265 turbo....I'm confident I'm blasting it with low 11 second abuse...and after a couple months of that....it just said ENOUGH!!!:tongue:

This town is soooooo boring. No one wants to play, just burning fuel this is lib central so almost everyone is driving a Prius. I just get to tick them off by smoking the tires and burning alky.

Followed a new Ford GT (I love those cars) but he never took it over 2500 rpm, ever.

Price out a brake job on that GTR and tell me you still want one. Sorry too many more desirable cars for theat kind of money. I'll take the ZR-1 though.

Mikey

Regal Gs / Grand Prix GTP

I had my Regal GS running pretty good times at the track and never changed the tires or supercharger. They're easy to mod and respond very well to mods. Not as much potential as the GN, but people don't realize how fast they're.

I had my Regal GS running pretty good times at the track and never changed the tires or supercharger. They're easy to mod and respond very well to mods. Not as much potential as the GN, but people don't realize how fast they're.

What ET's and mph were you running in the GS?

Regal GS

I actually didn't get a chance to go very far with it because some idiot crashed into it while it was parked on the street =( , but with a just a couple bolt-ons it ran a 9.2 in the 1/8th and I know it would of been in the 8.9 range with a pulley change....so I can only imagine a turbo swap and a set of drag radials would do =) There was a GN there running 9.0-9.3 times because it was hot and the track wasn't very sticky. Someone said "Looks like he brought his wife's car to the track today" and then I beat a Mustang Bullit and people started comming over to check it out. Was fun...at least it was a Buick =)