FiberGlass Door Fitment

turbohye

Nuclear Reactor
I ran a search and have seen several many posts regarding fiberglass door questions. Fit and finish and safety were all concerns naturally since it is a significant investment. I have been on the quest for doors but I like the idea of having glass doors especially since the car sits mainly in the garage.... Without getting responses like "If you get t-boned, you will regret it" and others like "its not worth the weight savings" I DO understand those facts but I want to discuss their fitments altogether. Glasstek offers fiberglass doors but I want to hear about your experiences mounting the bulky electric power motor in them with the window (glass)
Does everything line up correctly? Is the quality good?
Anything else you would like to mention?

thanks
Tony

From personal experience on a friend's WE4, they don't fit very well. I think they're fine for a race application but you can tell from a distance that they aren't original doors and don't fit the car overall. I don't remember which brand they were but I wouldn't put one on my car unless I had to for weight savings.

I had them on my car for a couple years and absolutly hated them. I had power windows and power locks. When I would raise the windows up, the doors would flex terribly when the window reached its limit. When going down the race track, the windows would pop out at around 140 mph. The weight diference wasn't worth the hassle. Especially if you cut the crash bars out of stockers

I had them on my car for a couple years and absolutly hated them. I had power windows and power locks. When I would raise the windows up, the doors would flex terribly when the window reached its limit. When going down the race track, the windows would pop out at around 140 mph. The weight diference wasn't worth the hassle. Especially if you cut the crash bars out of stockers

LOL And I hated having to twist and shut your door at the same time before every pass...

If looking for extreme weight savings I would rather have a 2 piece fiberglass front end.