Few problems with my GN, please help...

spoolingup

Hi, ive been having some issues with my car, for one, my battery keeps going dead, the stock securtiy light wouldnt stop blinking when the car was off, so i took the light out, put a new battary, and 1 month goes by and battary is dead, ??????? Also the other thing is that, when im cruising on the highway for a few min, going about 80mph, when i get off the highway and get to a red light, as soon as the light turns green and i start going, my car feels like it shifts into overdrive, right away, and does it for a bit, until i guess it cools down then shifts fine, it only does it though after speeds on the highway then comes to a stop....????? anybody ever have these issues???? some advice would be helpful.... ,,, my tranny was rebuilt bout 2 years ago, and i bought a billet converter from FTI, other than that, minor bolt ons, nothing crazy..... any thoughts????? :confused::confused:

Your shifting problem when hot sounds like a bad TCC solenoid in the trans. It's easy to replace.

As for the batt. sounds like something is draining it when car is not running , assuming it's charging while running. Check trunk light, under hood light, anything that might stay on when engine is shut down....did you have maintenance done and then
problem began? If so, good place to start looking for current drain. Make sure alt. is putting out enough to charge batt.( approx 13.5 volts ) Did you clean terminals when you replaced batt.?
This kind of stuff usually is simple but tuff to pinpoint..... worked on electrics in the service and sometimes the problem is right there, but you can't see it....good luck.

As for battery draining, make sure there are no gauges wired to battery fuse (always on) when they should be wired to ignition fuse. If the battery is still under warranty, have it tested and maybe you can get a new one if it has a problem. I found out it is bad to let battery discharge over the winter if you don't drive the car. You should keep a charger/maintainer on it.