Fel-pro head gasket p/n 1026

jason85gn

I am putting my motor back together and I bought a Fel-pro gasket kit for our cars. Should I use this gasket or should I use a different head gasket? Also, I can not find the torque specs to bolt down the head.

That is a big bore gasket we use on 4" or so size engines.

Since it "appears" you may have a 1985 turbo engine, the 1026 is not the proper gasket?

The original gasket on a 1985 is a steel shim, and they are no longer available.

To receive an intelligent answer to a post, it is a must to provide enough data to do that? :confused:

I have an 87 motor and trans. It was converted when I purchased the car. Sorry, forgot to mention it is no longer a hot air car.

Thanks. I wonder why it came with the 1026. Should I use the 9441PT or is there something else better? The heads are ported and polish with bigger valves. I have read 60-85 ft lbs for the head bolts. What do you suggest? I have new ARP head bolts also. I do plan on running a bigger turbo and injectors.

With ARP head bolts I use 75ft-lbs, and do 2-3 re-torque cycles.

If you are not going use the 1026 gaskets and they are in the original package, I will trade you a set of 9441PT gaskets as we do many big bore engines. :)

The gaskets are still sealed from Fel-pro. That sounds good send me your mail info and I will send it out. Do you recommend using those or a different gasket?

The gaskets are still sealed from Fel-pro. That sounds good send me your mail info and I will send it out. Do you recommend using those or a different gasket?

I use the 9441PT gaskets for most all of our 3.8 builds.

All my info is in my signature below, thanks! :)