Feeler for my used complete engine. (86) (Or turn Key)

forcefed86

Willing to sell as shown in the first picture. With PT68 (Just rebuilt last year). Including mildly hacked up wiring harness (this was a tight budget rx-7 swap) and ECM modded for LOWZ 120# injectors and E85 Turbo tweak chip. 3" Downpipe included. $2000. (Plus shipping)

Low 10 sec 3.8 ready to run...

So I’ve decided to part ways with the 3.8. It’s been good to me, but I think I’ve pushed it as far as I can without getting into big money (aftermarket blocks, heads, etc)

Currently still running/driving made several 10 second passes this year. 10.06 @ 137 is the best. Track is closed for winter and the engine is comoing out.

Approx 580WHP going by weight/trapspeed.

Engine Specs

Approx 9:1 comp

New oil pump gears,rings,bearings. (one season)

SS RJC “Bullet proof” Head gaskets, ARP studs (one season)

Fed mog. Forged pistons with coated skirts (one season)

Factory rods/crank hardware.

86 turbo Crank is STD

86 Block is STD bore

Aftermarket timing chain (single, only turn 5900 rpm in ¼) (3.08 gears 28" tire)

Webber racing Cast Iron heads 42cc chambers 1mm oversized valves. ($1000+ heads)**See Below**

110# valve springs (one season)

Rocker studs and billet braces. (one season)

218/218 comp cam (one season)

Felpro1200 match ported intake. (bought used last year)

***Bad***

Heads have small cracks in valve pedestals. I believe this was due to teh shims I was running. Since removing shims, I have installed a stud kit and RJC braces. These have never gotten worse. I believe they are fine for the RPM I am pushing. (see pics below)

Motor was rebuilt last winter and munched the timing chain tensioner early this year.. Comp cams informed me a tensioner is not needed with the chain I am running. Been running it all year with no tensioner. I dropped the pan to inspect for damage. While I Was there I replaced the main/rod bearings. There was no damage. The thrust bearing has more wear than I like to see. And I would suggest a rebuild. Although, I don't believe the thrust bearing is getting any worse. I Pulled/split filter last weekend. No material found. This motor could be ready for more 10 sec passes with very little effort.

IMG_4208.jpg

IMG_4221.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5h8QrXbfrA&feature=BFa&list=ULT5h8QrXbfrA&lf=mfu_in_order
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zthxD2aYz5Y

Not parting out the engine at this point. Located in Wichita KS.

Also...
TB is bored to 63mm with new seals and matching doghouse.

RJC powerplate installed.
Alternator is 140 amp.

No shannon here, but i assume your talking to me? I'll give you a call around 5 central when I'm off work. ;)

Thanks...

~Adam