favorite car battery brands?

87 Pete

My Delco in the GN is about 9 years old :eek: so I figured it's probably time to get a new one.

I've used interstates, diehards, and autozones that never seem to make it past 3-5 years in my various other cars.

Should I get another Delco or try a different other brand?

You had a Delco last 9 years and your asking what kind to buy?
Sounds to me like Delcos been good to you Id give them my money again if a battery lasted me 6 years

I like Duralast Golds, but Delco is the only other decent brand. Everything else I've tried is crap and they don't last more than 1-2 years in the Buick which could easily sit for 4-6 months in between starts.

hello: I don't have a fav. for my car or bike. I got a AAA bat. put in my van and I have a Atlantic in my TB. Atlantic is a local place in Watertown Mass. Just bats. All kinds of bats. But I do like there words of wisdom they have on them and that is "Don't Get Frantic Go Atlantic".
IBBY

I got 8 years out of my 7 year consumer Delco too, replaced it with a 7 year Delco Professional 3 years ago. No problems and still looks kind of like factory.
My `86 Grand Prix dd came with a recent Delco Pro too, no issues.

I've had good look with my Interstate, 7 years still running strong and my car was sitting a lot over the past couple of years. Optima Red Top is another good choice.

My Delco in the GN is about 9 years old :eek: so I figured it's probably time to get a new one.

I've used interstates, diehards, and autozones that never seem to make it past 3-5 years in my various other cars.

Should I get another Delco or try a different other brand?

The delco you buy is not the same as the one you took out.:rolleyes:In a fleet of trucks we use to get 5 years on a delco,the new ones won't make it 2 years.:(Look at the new ones they are physically different:rolleyes:We use Napa and have been very happy

Kevin

if you get a Delco, get it from a GM dealer.
i got 7 years out of an Exide gel cell (Optima red top but in a black case with Exide stickers on it) and accidentally let it go with the Ford truck it was in at the time. i could not kill that battery- i let it get drawn down totally dead in the middle of winter (stupid Ford truck dome light...) a couple of times and it would just take a jump start and a good drive to get it back working again.
right now, i've got a 3 year old Interstate in my pickup that sometimes sits for months at a time and always starts right up.

The delco you buy is not the same as the one you took out.:rolleyes:In a fleet of trucks we use to get 5 years on a delco,the new ones won't make it 2 years.:(Look at the new ones they are physically different:rolleyes:We use Napa and have been very happy

Kevin

Yeah that's what I mean, I'm sure the Delco's are much cheaper quality now vs. 10 years ago.

I did have this one on a cheap-ass walmart battery tender whenever the car was parked so maybe that helped it last so long.

Yeah that's what I mean, I'm sure the Delco's are much cheaper quality now vs. 10 years ago.

I did have this one on a cheap-ass walmart battery tender whenever the car was parked so maybe that helped it last so long.

Had a Delco battery in my DD Sunfire when I bought it with 77k. Had the same battery when I sold it with 193k 6.5 years later. ;)

I've always bought Delco's from a wholesale Delco/motocraft place by my work and they have always been quality!

Optima

Optima Red top, I've run these in my Buick and Tahoe for years. Last ones lasted over 6 years and werent "junk yet" but I bought two new ones for Peace of mind. Sams Club if you have one around has the best prices on these.

Get ready for the Optima bashings now....I'm just stating my experience, My Buick sits on a battery tender all winter, my tahoe is driven year round, but will sit for weeks on end, never let me down....

:cool:

Probably my best battery is the Bosch in my truck...It came with the truck, I bought it 5 years ago and I don't know how old the batt is.

Wife left the keys on a few months ago while it was still super cold out...I jumped it and it came right back been doing fine.

I have been keeping a Duralast Gold in my Buick, it's about 3 years old now and has been killed several times...It always comes right back, Knock on wood. But I noticed the other day on the dyno after several pulls and of course starts it was getting slow to crank so maybe it's finally getting weak.

Im assuming with the guys saying Delco, none of you have had problems with the side terminal batteries leaking between the case and the battery terminals????

i got delco. and its a super strong battery... thumbs high for the delco man..

Im assuming with the guys saying Delco, none of you have had problems with the side terminal batteries leaking between the case and the battery terminals????

No problems at all with the "old" consumer Delco from K-Mart 10 years ago or my 2 "newer" Delco Professionals (2 & 3 years ago) purchased from a 40+ year Delco distributor here in Ohio.