Fastest Sy.?

Big Dave said:
And what makes a Syclone real again in the almighty Bamford world?

I thought we cleared this up a while ago....here it is again.

Single turbo AWD V-6 = Syclone

Twin turbo V-8 = 4X4 S-10

Take a poll on the sy/ty board and see how the experts define a "Real Syclone"

top gun said:
I thought we cleared this up a while ago....here it is again.

Single turbo AWD V-6 = Syclone

Twin turbo V-8 = 4X4 S-10

Take a poll on the sy/ty board and see how the experts define a "Real Syclone"

I'll add some more detailed specs for a "Real Syclone" that I think are appropriate:

- 1991-1993 GMC/Chevy 90-degree V6. Basically any displacement or configuration are acceptable (bowtie, etc.). Older Buick blocks, including stage II etc. are not acceptable...

- AWD is paramount. Any AWD system is acceptable, regardless of manufacturer (stock TC, Atessa, Subaru TC, etc.)

- At least one turbocharger. Twins are acceptable. Any more than that are most likely unreasonable, but acceptable. Superchargers are out.

Turbo V8 SyTys are to not only be praised and admired as great works of engineering, but should be accepted as SyTys if they perform reasonably beyond the limits of current V6 SyTy trucks...

MadPSI said:
I'll add some more detailed specs for a "Real Syclone" that I think are appropriate:

- 1991-1993 GMC/Chevy 90-degree V6. Basically any displacement or configuration are acceptable (bowtie, etc.). Older Buick blocks, including stage II etc. are not acceptable...

- AWD is paramount. Any AWD system is acceptable, regardless of manufacturer (stock TC, Atessa, Subaru TC, etc.)

- At least one turbocharger. Twins are acceptable. Any more than that are most likely unreasonable, but acceptable. Superchargers are out.

Turbo V8 SyTys are to not only be praised and admired as great works of engineering, but should be accepted as SyTys if they perform reasonably beyond the limits of current V6 SyTy trucks...

V8's were never in the equation with a syclone or typhoon. Therefore, not part of the "real" deal period. Yes they are cool, but that is not what makes the truck unique.

So far it looks like Hoover with V6 has performed beyond the limits set by the V8 guys.

Ted A. said:
So far it looks like Hoover with V6 has performed beyond the limits set by the V8 guys.

idaho GNs V8 shouldnt have a problem producing the HP to run a 8.9X. im waiting on him to drop his best ET.

MATT

awesome run matt !!!!!!! i knew that it was just a matter of time ........that thing is flying

idaho gn said:
awesome run matt !!!!!!! i knew that it was just a matter of time ........that thing is flying

thanx a lot but i know its just a matter of time b4 ur gets movin again! :)

MATT

mhoover said:
thanx a lot but i know its just a matter of time b4 ur gets movin again! :)

MATT

Matt,

The word of the street is the the Idaho Sy may have a couple more horses next time out.

I am sending your video to my younger friend with a syclone.
He keeps asking me how you go so fast!!! :D

John Wilde said:
Matt,

The word of the street is the the Idaho Sy may have a couple more horses next time out.

I am sending your video to my younger friend with a syclone.
He keeps asking me how you go so fast!!! :D

i dont have any doubt he'll be "runnin on all 8 cylinders" :) i expect him to put down a good number next time round.

its really easy to go fast, all u gotta do is save lots n lots of money, n then throw it all into a V6!! :D

MATT

mhoover said:
i dont have any doubt he'll be "runnin on all 8 cylinders" :) i expect him to put down a good number next time round.

its really easy to go fast, all u gotta do is save lots n lots of money, n then throw it all into a V6!! :D

MATT

Matt,

I have lost a fortune on V6s and Buicks, I feel your pain! :redface:

John Wilde said:
Matt,

I have lost a fortune on V6s and Buicks, I feel your pain! :redface:

i looked at your sig and you have some nice toys. do you still run them a lot? sorry if thats a dumb question but i have always been a fan of a GN and the T-type and was curious about ur ETs

as a matter of fact i was in memphis friday and i went by Hypertech were a good friend of the family works. she showed me the owners 3 GNs. 1 was a GNX with less than 100 miles on it, the 2nd was a 87 GN with 38 miles on the odometer. the last was, i believe, an 87 also and it had about 800 miles on it! i was amazed at the toys this man had! wish i could buy one! but then id have another V6 to dump thousands of $$ in! :) Better stick with dumping da money im our little truck. we just mite go broke with 2! :D

MATT

mhoover said:
i looked at your sig and you have some nice toys. do you still run them a lot? sorry if thats a dumb question but i have always been a fan of a GN and the T-type and was curious about ur ETs

as a matter of fact i was in memphis friday and i went by Hypertech were a good friend of the family works. she showed me the owners 3 GNs. 1 was a GNX with less than 100 miles on it, the 2nd was a 87 GN with 38 miles on the odometer. the last was, i believe, an 87 also and it had about 800 miles on it! i was amazed at the toys this man had! wish i could buy one! but then id have another V6 to dump thousands of $$ in! :) Better stick with dumping da money im our little truck. we just mite go broke with 2! :D

MATT

Matt,

To be honest with you I have not had a great deal of fun with my junk.
My first TR was a nice 87 GN that I paid about $15K for.
I drove it and street raced it a little before I decided to become the stock block king. Keep in mind this car had never be to the track under my ownership :( I built up a solid stock block motor and put a 9inch and turbo 400 in the car. I ended up having a bad set if iron heads that even leaked after I had them ceramically sealed. Then I bought a set of M&As only to have the budget roller cam take a dump on me. Finally I got the motor into a different car and headed up to Sacramento Raceway. On my first pass the 200 took a dump. The car was sent to a transmission shop for repair.
When I got it back I parked it for a while and then sold the motor to Idaho GN. At high elevation and with a much heavier car it went 135MPH.
This was great to see but I always will wonder if my little motor could have gone 9.9-9.8s.

I have been helping Chris Chow for a while.
My 9inch Rear, Turbo 400, 8inch converter and HD Aluminum Drive Shaft have
all ended up in his car at some point and time over the years.
As a m atter of fact my headers are on his Grey Car and My FAST is on the TSM TYPE CAR. As you can see my parts have more fun in other people's cars.

I starting building a back half GN out of my first car about $15K.
The car I did it to (yes I know that I was young and stupid) was $15K
I ended up selling it to Tyson who sold it to Big Stu before it was completed.
This deal included all my top shelf parts at Duttweiler's Shop.
Just the stuff that Kenny had was worth about $15K.
That is $45K worth of stuff that I sold for a huge loss when I got married.

I purchased a Black T Type Driver for about $5K that went 12.9s on my very first pass at the track. This was basically stock and had 140,000 Miles on it. This was street raced a couple times and was a fun car! This also received the evil stock block motor that would never make a pass. This car is now being set up for Drag Radial with a TT Stage II motor and Wolfe Stock Suspension. With buy our first house this year and wanting a baby next year this thing may never be finished.

My Driver now is a stockish Blue 86 T Type and the car is a stone.
I am to scared to take it to the track since I have never had a 14 Second Time Slip.

I could go on for ever but I am wasting time at work and bandwidth on the board. Last time I cared to count up my Buick Expenses they were north of $90K. :mad: God I hope my wife does not read this post!!!

90K!!! :eek:

DANG! sounds like your GNs havent treated you too good. maybe your wife wont read this post and you can get one to run right.

i guess we have been very lucky with the people we have dealt with bc our truck has ran and stayed together very well over the years. we have A LOT of fun with it and i hope it stays that way.

as far as being on the street, hope this isnt a bad subject on this board, i have an 03 Cobra and it is too much fun! this car could get some people in trouble big time! ive put only bout $1000 in it and it will fly! BUT ive always wanted a GN or T-type! they have the "sleeper" image too unlike a vette or cobra. i just think they are cool cars! especially after seeing the hypertech owners 3 perfect ones! i guess ill just have to keep dreamin though! that might be too much HP under one roof! :)

MATT