FAST with a GNX style dash

6banger

Slower Traffic Keep Right
I picked up a GNX style dash with the VDO guages and thought I read somewhere that there may be a problem when using the FAST system. I have the older version not the XFi.
Any input would be appreciated,

Thanks,
Jim

works in mine with gnx style vdos , but need to run the map connector off the tps circuit

if you have a standalone harness you shouldnt need to do anything
if you have an adapter harness like the precision harness that uses the stock engine side harness then by instructs the map connector should have been rewired so the map sensor gets 5vpower and ground from the tps circuit (i had already dne this for a razor alky 3bar sensor)

if yours is using the stock setup with the map connector powered through the factory analog dash tach/boost module then youll need to fix that anyway ,when you switch to the gnx style dash the MAP wouldn't have power or ground ,

you can pull the map power from the tps directly (5v grey tps to grey map connector - tps blk to map blk) , it may have been done with a caspers plug and play map harness under the hood if not it can be done with a few short peices of wire and some soldering either under the hood (tapped direct from tps sensor connector) or under the dash (see the alky forum stickey - "3bar map with digital dash ")