Fast system

TTANut

Can someone tell me more about the fast systems. I have a highly modified tta that I am going to run a stock computer on. I would like to learn about some more options. What are the differences between Felpro and Fast? Any responses are greatly appreciated. ttanut

Fast.

The Fast system is the same as (speed pro/fel pro) Just now calle d FAST.

We have two systems on 3.8L Turbo Buick engines in 86&89 Camaro's. We just can't say how much of a great system it is.
It sure beats changing chips and hoping it's the right one.

I've also seen a few guy's go low 9's with stock ECM and MAF but it takes alot of tuning and chip/timing/fuel changes to get it right with stock where it's a few key strokes away with the FAST/Similar systems.

Hope this helps, Scott~

How much are these systems? How long/difficult are they to install? What type of computer requirements does it take to power these systems? Can you use a laptop similar to the requirements to run the direct scan proram? Thanks. ttanut

Fast

There are two different versions sequential and batch. Depending on which one you get (batch 1900-2000) (Sequ 2600ish) then there is a adaptor harness to mate up with your stock wiring. On the batch you'll have to run a wire out to the injector harness to convert it from seq to batch. Eather are a great choice.
Your laptop that's running the Direct Scan should work unless it's very old. The entire process should take you a afternoon to fully install and read through the instruction book. *which is vauge for tuning* I made alot of posts in the Aftermarket ECU section when we first started playing with the system so expect to learn alot fast. But once you get the hang of it and see what the changes you make effect you'll be on the way to having a supertuned TTA!
~Scott

Im getting one for my new motor. They are awesome! If you got the cash its the only way to go. Figure on spending around $2000 bucks.

FAST

Well just say it's a insurance investment that's going to save your engine! We spend just as much on "insurance" that realy does not help unless we have a problem. I'd much rather spend 2000 on adjustabilty for my fuel/spark system than guess on someone's idea of a chip with their "guess" at timing and fuel with a chip. Don't get me wrong the stock system can take you a Looooong way... It just takes you longer to tune and is more difficult. ~Scott