FAST problem with dashboard when logging

clemsgn

I just installed a new hard drive in my laptop & reloaded Windows 98 (crashed, what a pia!) Then I copied the C-ComWP folder I had to the new drive only to find it wouldn't connect to the ECU. I then downloaded and completely reloaded C-ComWP and then it finally connected. Today at the NEBRA dyno day at Mike Dez Racing, I tried to log my dyno runs. It looked like it was trying to use the main dashboard with 38 sensors instead of the one I chose which had maybe 12-14. A message was popping up saying "you are using a HR (Hi Res) sensor and logging will be significantly slower". I went back in to check and my original dash was showing, not the main dash, it looked like. I went back to Dashboard setup to confirm how many sensors I had in there, and it still had only 12 with NO Hi-res sensors. I tried again to change the dash for logging to something totally different and it still showed 35+ sensors and the error about the Hi-Res. No matter how many times I tried to change it I couldn't get it to work right. I even attempted to log anyway, but there wasn't any data in it at all, but it prompted me to save, which I did. Trying to bring up the saved file showed zippo....it's like the file is corrupted. I can still bring up older logs and view them normally, so that's OK. I figured that seeing I had to reload C-ComWP for it to see the ECU, that it would log OK also, but I was wrong. Anyone have any ideas on this ? Norbs or Craig? Thanks for any input !

I have two different CDs of the C-com program. Sometimes it gets screwy. I had a flatline once with my Map sensor on the fuel table, but the actual AE numbers went up just like normal, but the football shaped highlight would only stay on one row. Needed to refresh the program. Get a GOOD cd with the program from fast if you do't have one.

But, I'm a noob, what do I know??

I have two different CDs of the C-com program. Sometimes it gets screwy. Get a GOOD cd with the program from fast if you do't have one.

But, I'm a noob, what do I know??

I downloaded the last version from FAST's website and that's the one that connected with the ECU. Maybe one from another source would do better?

Thanks for the info

I recently had the same problem with my FAST system. I tried to log, and I kept getting a popup that said the exact same thing. If your laptop has a scandisk function either at bootup or otherwise try that. It worked for me, and I have not had a problem since.

When you try to display a lot of sensors all at once (i.e. the "big dashboard"), C-Com switches to a slower communication mode.

Did you have the dashboard showing while you were trying to log?

You should arrange your display so that only the sensors being logged are shown. Also make sure there are no "hidden" windows that might be querying for additional parameters that you don't need to log.

-Bob Cunningham

When you try to display a lot of sensors all at once (i.e. the "big dashboard"), C-Com switches to a slower communication mode.
I tried to pick a dashboard with 12 sensors from the "setup realtime logging" screen, but it always goes to a different dash on it's own.

Did you have the dashboard showing while you were trying to log?
No, there weren't any dashboards open at all.

You should arrange your display so that only the sensors being logged are shown.
What exactly do you mean by this?

Also make sure there are no "hidden" windows that might be querying for additional parameters that you don't need to log.
-Bob Cunningham
I checked and there weren't any other windows open behind the log window? I don't know what's going on here?

Thanks to everyone who replied, but the mystery remains

The file is corrupted. Run a scan function on all your drivers! I had the same problem! You can't do anything right? As soon as you try to log, it goes right to the main dashboard with every peramiter displayed, right? Popup says "you are trying to log with high res sensor" right?....... you said it yourself in your first post..... "The file is corrupt". The problem is in the laptop, Not the FAST system.

Get a REAL FAST CD. Downloads are teh suck.

Have you called the FAST guys or fast tracks? They sent me a CD for FREE!

You'd be done by now! Just call em!

The file is corrupted. Run a scan function on all your drivers! I had the same problem! You can't do anything right? As soon as you try to log, it goes right to the main dashboard with every peramiter displayed, right? Popup says "you are trying to log with high res sensor" right?....... you said it yourself in your first post..... "The file is corrupt". The problem is in the laptop, Not the FAST system.
Yeah, I'll have to try that. I figured that when I had to reload the program itself to get it to communicate with the ECU in the car properly, that it wasn't the laptop itself? Maybe the problem was when I reloaded, it would overwrite whatever I had there already, except my GCT's & Log's etc. The thing is it runs fine in real time and while viewing sensors or graphs. I'll run a scan and maybe reload the program again. I'll post when I get time to do it.
Thanks again for all the help