FAST DOS Question

jbcalhoun

Can the port be changed in the DOS version of FAST to something other than Com 1? If so How?

Thanks

I believe you put the com port as a flag after you type the program name. It is mentioned in the manual that is sent out with the FAST.

-Bob Cunningham

in the dos prompt execute the program as follows

cd\c-com
cc.exe com 2

you can go com 2,3,4, etc

norbs & Bob - tried what was suggested, but still no luck. I am running windows xp and this must be where the problem lies. The dos runs fine, but still won't "find" the fast computer. I have no problems running the windows version of c-com, but like using the Dos version. Works great on my old computer but would like to get things going on the new one.

Anyone got any other ideas?

Brad Calhoun

You have the answer in your post. XP and dos is a no go. You will need win 95 or 98 or maybe 2000 to run dos c-com. At least that is what I was told.

If you want I will swap computers with you. I have a thinkpad 133 that will run dos.:D :D :D You have a newer computer that runs fast and has XP. Sounds like my kind of swap!!!!!;)

I think I'll pass on the trade, but do appreciate the offer. I have an older laptop also, just can't find a battery for it and have to use AC all the time. Hoping to use the new one only. Like DOS version better than the windows version of CCom.

Thanks - Brad

BUy a serial pcmcia card, boot to windows and the dos should work if you get the irq's correct

I have the same problem, I have an IBM Thinkpad here that used to have windows 95 on it. I just formated the harddrive and installed dos 6.22 on it. Got the C-Com software in it and it loads up fine. But I will not find the ECU. I tried the com 2, com 3, etc. But it did not work. Can anyone please help me here???!!! IT worked fine on my other laptop but the monitor died.

Scott

You will need to install windows98 if you try everything else and its failed

I did some research and found this ps2.exe utility that is supposed to work. Only think is I dont have a floppy on my desktop and I dont know how to enable the cd rom to read on my laptop from dos. Hmmm

Scott

Another option might be- just boot to DOS from a bootable floppy rather than booting WinXP.

TurboTR

I know for a fact it will not communicate with windows 95, with dos version 1.405. It may work with a earlier version maybe 1.3x.

Well, I got the ps2 utility and it states the port as on so I guess I will have to try an earlier version of dos. Damn, I dont have one!!! :mad:

Scott4DMny said:
Well, I got the ps2 utility and it states the port as on so I guess I will have to try an earlier version of dos. Damn, I dont have one!!! :mad:

Don't spend much more time on getting older operating systems. If it won't work with DOS 6.22, it won't work period until you solve the com port issue. Something else is wrong with the PC.

Do you know for a fact that the ECU, harness, and com cable you have are in working order?

Ok I got it working, I went into the ps2 utility and found a way to change the com port that the serial port is on. By the way, for whomever stated how to type the com port. There is no space in between the com and number of the com port. For example its like this.

c:\c-com\cc com1

NOT c:\c-com\cc com 1

Just an FYI. Thank god I still have my dos skills. :D

Scott

Great news, but why don't you use the windows version ? Its only a challenge to use the mouse and drive at the same time.