FAST disk problem: PLEASE HELP ASAP

VictoryTrans

The cars stock....I swear
I'm hoping someone car help me. I'll give you guys the low down so you know whats going on. As many of you know we had a fire at our old shop. My dads original WB O2 burned up in that fire. The new one he bought came with an option install disk. We have the original C-com program on the laptop so I opened it in DOS. I clicked on the config icon and clicked on install option disk. I clicked on A: and a box came up that said serial number mismatch and now I'm stuck. I was curious so I opened the disk in windows to see what was on it. I saw the option file along with the C-comWP program. I thought maybe the new sensor was only compatible with the WP program so I installed it in Windows. Still the same thing. I have decent computer knowledge but only basic C-com knowledge so please bear with the questions.:)

What advantage does C-comWP have over the original C-com program that we were using??

Also can C-comWP be opened in DOS and if so what do I type when the DOS prompt comes up? Is there any advantage to running the program in Windows instead?

I'm also not too up to date on the C-com programs. Is WP the latest version?

And lastly, what can I do about the serial number mismatch?

Sorry for all the questions, its all up to me because my dad is computer illiterate and our tuner is on vacation and we need to get the car running. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance

>>What advantage does C-comWP have over the original C-com program that we were using??

Your logging is not limited to 150 frames, so you can log a lot longer. Yoiu can also have multiple tables open at once (VE table and timing table), but be careful not to have too many variables being updated at the same time (> 14?) or you will get a communications bog-down.

>>Also can C-comWP be opened in DOS?

No. WP can only be run from Windows.

>>I'm also not too up to date on the C-com programs. Is WP the latest version?

Yeah, I think it's either C-Com WP ver 1.05 or 1.06. (Personally, I still use the DOS version)

>>And lastly, what can I do about the serial number mismatch?

Umm, uh, I hope someone else can answer this one....?

-Bob Cunningham

Check the serial number programmed into the ECU. If you look under the config icon, you'll see a menu selection called "display ECU configuration". Your serial number will be displayed here. The option files are serial number specific, so the mismatch tells me that the serial number in the option file doesn't match this number.

Tell me the number of the ECU and the file name of the option file and I'll see if I can work backwards and find out what's up.