FAST Classic Upload Problems

Aeroking

Purple in Sector 2
Let me start out, i have a FAST classic, and it has run great for the last couple years. My only complaint is i burn through DB9-USB adapters every couple months, so i keep extras in the glovebox, haha.

Everything has been working great, with the recent cold weather i wanted to go driving and fine tune the cold startup tables. I was able to connect my laptop to the ECM fine, i could read live from the dashboard, and could initiate, read and save a datalog. But when i try to Read a new tune into the ECM, it boots me out. I select a revised tune file and choose to overwrite existing. The progress gets to 11% uploaded, the i get the popup for Comm Write Failed, and the connection gets dropped, but not disconnected. If i ping the ECM, it connects right back no problems, but i will not load the tune.

From the last time i datalog/uploaded tunes nothing has changed on the engine, or on my laptop. Since i can connect and datalog, i figure the ECU is fine. Would my tune files be corrupt? I have tried to load old files from months and years ago, but it always drops the connection. I checked all the power and grounds and everything is good, battery is at full charge, so i am stumped.

Using a Windows7 laptop dedicated to tuning my Syclone, i have the 2303 drivers from FAST, and everything had been working great, until yesterday. Right now i am doing a clean Windows reinstall on the laptop.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Its probably corrupted software in your laptop. You might want to go into the comport set up in device manager and slow down the communication rate one notch.

Tune files ended up being corrupt. I was able to load the sample tunes, so I rebuilt mine from a sample file, and I was able to load it up.

Thanks AGAIN Norbs.