Fans Not Working in Dads Limited, HELP

8UWITH6

Keepin' The Shiny Side Up
Ive checked everything. It has the ramchargers Dual Fans, and the factory harness is cut off and hard-wired. It appears that the high and low-speed fan wires are spliced together. Ive tried grounding the green/yellow wire for the highside fan, the relay just clicks. Ive also just hooked the fans up to the battery and they run just fine. I dont understand why they will not kick on at all when hooked up to the factory wires. Any ideas? Cant drive the car with no fans!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks

Well the relay clicks.......maybe that doesnt mean anything??? Where are the fusible links? Thanks!

The easiest test is to swap a relay with a known good one.

If the relay clicks it means it's trying to pass the voltage and current to run the fan.

Assuming the fus. links are good and the contacts in the relay are good.

Might want to put power to the fans somehow to make sure they ain't bad. Another good test before you get under the car to look for the links near the starter.

Relays new, fans work when hooked straight to the battery....... :) Im tellin you, Im stumped!

This just happened to me tonight. Stock fan though but chased after the relay and then found when I grounded the coolant temp sensor on front of intake right below the TB when I grounded it the fan would turn on and continue to run. Going to try new sensor in the morning and I'll let you know what happens.

Unplug the relay and probe the fat red wire on it.

Should be +12 volts at all times to a good ground with a meter.

If it reads +12 then try a trunk bulb or tail light bulb in the socket on the red wire other lead to a good ground and make sure it lights up brightly, that means some good current is flowing in the wire and the fusible link should be good.

Relay unplugged for these tests.

Lights and such are all fine......I dont think its the fusible links, but I will check. Thanks

Fusible link E runs the fans, and only the fans.

Nothing to do with the lights or anything else in the car, gotta check for high current power available at all times at those relays.

Should take about 10 minutes to do.

Salvage is right. The relay clicks because the relay coils get power from a different source. Term 30 gets power from the fan fuse link at the starter just like he said, and I put my money on a blown link as well

Jim