Fan Delay Relay?

EMcNeice

Fan delay relay- Part# 25527402

Anyone know what this does?? I'm trying to figure out why my high speed fan isn't working.. only low speed. Replaced both hi and low relays and all connections are good.

When the high temp switch closes, it closes a ground circuit to the delay relay, and this powers the fan. As long as this is closed at shutdown, and remains closed, the delay relay runs the fan for ~ 10 minutes, or until the temp switch opens, whichever happens first. I have read that this switch closes at ~210, but I don't know for sure.

Well that relay is garbage! i took it out and its filled with rusty crap that just falls out. So sounds like this is my problem

High speed fan is controlled by the high pressure side 300psi. of the A/C pressure switch and the temp. grounding switch into the intake that activates about 220 degrees.

Try grounding the high speed relay wire that is a Dark green with YELLOW STRIPE on it.

That should activate the high speed fan operation or at least kick in the relay and you would hear it click or feel it activate.

Delay relay is another story and method of activating high speed operation but it has it's own trigger requirements.

My bad, I didn't make that clear.
My delay relay was bad for the first 2 years I owned my car. The hi and low relays are good, so the fan operated normally. My car has never reached the temp to trigger hi speed (only AC trigger), but I have a in-car switch that closes the same ground. The delay relay was bad, so my fan did not continue running for the ~ 10 minutes after shutdown.

I don't think a bad delay relay will keep the hi speed fan from operating.

hmmm.. ok. Guess i'll hafta keep checking. I have the kenne bell highs speed fan switch and it runs on low when the switch is on the highs speed position, but shuts off when i turn it to the low speed setting