Families in the path of the flood...

Far from ruined, the river is the reason the land so fertile down here.

I would imagine some area's of land will be covered with silt + mud + sand,+ then there is some polution aspect too,oil gas etc.I'm sure it's not ruined forever, but i would imagine there will be alot of work in some area's to get it ready to plant again, especially in spots where there is fast flowing water carrying, lots of sand etc.
Good luck.

Thats incredible about the ins.co's not paying because it was a man made flood in those areas,but they probably figure the gov. will step in and reimburse the farmers anyway.

I would imagine some area's of land will be covered with silt + mud + sand,+ then there is some polution aspect too,oil gas etc.I'm sure it's not ruined forever, but i would imagine there will be alot of work in some area's to get it ready to plant again, especially in spots where there is fast flowing water carrying, lots of sand etc.
Good luck.

Thats incredible about the ins.co's not paying because it was a man made flood in those areas,but they probably figure the gov. will step in and reimburse the farmers anyway.

sand silt mud = dirt.
There are cane farmers in my area that have used the river many times to irrigate their crops. It will take some work to get the feilds readiy to plant as far as plowing and getting rows back and what not. The upside is it's like a shot of fertilizer.
I wish we could use it for irrigation right now because we have been behind in our rainfall.

sand silt mud = dirt.
There are cane farmers in my area that have used the river many times to irrigate their crops. It will take some work to get the feilds readiy to plant as far as plowing and getting rows back and what not. The upside is it's like a shot of fertilizer.
I wish we could use it for irrigation right now because we have been behind in our rainfall.

well then thats good then, shouldn't be too devestating to the farmers,other then maybe this yrs crops,+ maybe help in the future.