Failed Thrust Bearimg

Mad_Trbo

I have been trying to determine the cause of my failed thrust bearing on a motor with less than 2000 miles on it.

I have been posting in the general tech area, see http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1341613#post1341613

for the details.

I think I have narrowed my problem down to the transmission. Possible concerns are ;

1. Ballooned converter: Converter is a Pro torque, it has been reviewed and shows no signs of ballooning.

2. Restricted cooler passage: I have not been able to determine this is not the issue. What I would like to know is what can a restricted cooler do. What are the actual results of such a problem. Does pressure build through the pump and force it's way into the converter which will then apply pressure to the crank?

3. Improperly installed torque converter: Improper spacing and shimming, I did not use any shimming spacers when I bolted the converter up. How can this generate an issue.

Finally when I was disassembling the transmission from the block, I did have an issue with the snout of the converter coming undone, it had to be pried from the crank snout. How if at all could this cause an issue?