Failed Emissions Test Need Help!

TurboD1987

Hi guys , well I went to have my car tested today and failed. Here are the results.
HC ppm limit 120-110 reading
CO% limit 0.67-1.34 reading
NO ppm limit 1316-1057 reading
So I failed on my CO% I have blue top injectors with the stock turbo and its obviously to rich. I'm thinking of replacing the O2 sensor and maybe turning down the fuel pressure, any other ideas? Thanks P.S. it doesn't have a converter on it.
Dave

There really is nothing in your sig to help us out here. Yup, turn down the FP for the test. Yup, change the oil and drive directly to the test station. There are 'emissions' chips avail as well.
HTH
Jim

What chip u using>? A thrasher by chance? Blues should have ZERO problems passing for co. CO seems too low to be a O2 problem, unless yts simply lazy.

Originally posted by TurboD1987
Hi guys , well I went to have my car tested today and failed. Here are the results.
HC ppm limit 120-110 reading
CO% limit 0.67-1.34 reading
NO ppm limit 1316-1057 reading
So I failed on my CO% I have blue top injectors with the stock turbo and its obviously to rich. I'm thinking of replacing the O2 sensor and maybe turning down the fuel pressure, any other ideas? Thanks P.S. it doesn't have a converter on it.
Dave

From the looks of the numbers it shows there's no cat converter, or it's not working, and also the high NO shows a missing or inoperative EGR.

My motor is all stock with about 105,000 miles on it, the chip I was running was the Red Armstrong for blue tops (street) and your right there is no converter on the car. Thanks for the help so far guys! I'll check the egr valve and replace the O2 sensor.
Dave

Originally posted by TurboD1987
My motor is all stock with about 105,000 miles on it, the chip I was running was the Red Armstrong for blue tops (street) and your right there is no converter on the car. Thanks for the help so far guys! I'll check the egr valve and replace the O2 sensor.
Dave

That, and you're going to have to get a good smog chip made. The aftermarket chips just aren't condusive to a good smog test result ;)

Originally posted by TurboDave

That, and you're going to have to get a good smog chip made. The aftermarket chips just aren't condusive to a good smog test result ;)

I finally found my smog chip for blue tops so I will try it on the next try. Does changing your oil have much of an impact on readings? Thanks again
Dave