Factory Front sway bar size 86 T

cam69ss

Turbo Member
Anyone know what the factory diameter is for an 86 T-Type? Also did any G-bodies come with a larger bar? I know the F-body 3rd gen bars will fit and are bigger.
Thanks in advance

Mine mic's-out at...

1.25". If I remember correctly, it was part of the touring package w/springs and shocks for the tr's. Some one w/a better memory or more knowledge may chime in.:confused: :redface:

I believe that both the front and rear sway bars were actually measured in MMs. Should be the nearest MM size under 1.25 for the front & similar measurement fashion for the rear.

Front bar = 32mm or ~1.25". That's the biggest sway bar you could get on any G-bodies including Monte SS. If you want bigger, you have to go to a 34mm or 36mm F body hollow bar or aftermarket.

All G-bodies that came with 15 inch wheels from the factory all use the same size of sway bars which just happen to be the biggest ones available.
Front is 32mm=1.26"
Rear is 22mm=.870

All G-bodies that came with 15 inch wheels from the factory all use the same size of sway bars which just happen to be the biggest ones available.
Front is 32mm=1.26"
Rear is 22mm=.870

years ago I owned an '86 Monte SS and an '86 T-type at the same time. The rear sway bar on the Monte was noticeably larger than the rear sway bar on the T-type. both parts were original. I never bothered to measure them.