Factory Computer Chips Mixed Up

Besso

Hi,
I was wondering if there was a away to tell which chip is which by the numbers on it?
Basically my father mixed up 4-chips that are from two 87' GNs and two 86' T-Types and he is not sure which is which or what is actually in the car (an 87' GN).

From what I was told, the numbers on the chip read

JT8 ((G)) AA82/P
JT8 ((G)) AN32/P
and lastly a chip that says TT v 5.6 (which I assume is a Turbo Tweak chip from one of the 87's)

by process of elimination, we can figure out what is in the car now.

Thanks

Well, is there some reason that you want to reinstall the stock chip?

There should be a number on the TT chip and you can go to the forum section on the TT website and Eric can give you the specs on that chip.

We'll, yes. There is a reason that he wants to install the original chip. The car hasn't been running right and he just wants to narrow down the possible problems.

The TT chip went to an 87' GN that he had sold.

on backside of chip
cmw is 86 stock
acxa 87 original install
bbkj 87 recall chip.. install by dealer

if you dont have stock injectors or 30 # injectors) the stock chip wont work right

as mentioned the tt chip has a discript on the inside sticker for what version , what fuel , what injectors , what boost , and what timing ,, any other specifics like what turbo and custom setup for cam/converter etc can be obtained by contacting eric at turbotweak and provide the number in the upper right corner

Thanks for the reply, pacecarta. Turns out there is an 86' chip in the 87' GN now.

We'll, yes. There is a reason that he wants to install the original chip. The car hasn't been running right and he just wants to narrow down the possible problems.

Just so you know...stock chips are notorious for causing problems. Poor cold starts, stalling, bad idle, pegged 150 blms for no reason....