Factory Buick Powered S-10

1LowLeSabre

This s pretty cool. I wonder where it is now?

Turbo_Truck.JPG

This is an S-10 pickup with a Turbocharged Buick V-6. It is a factory sponsored prototype to the Syclone pickup of the early 90's. A problem arose in that the Buick engine required too much

modification to be used, thus the Syclone had a 4.3 Vortec engine. Many people bought

Syclones thinking they were buying a Buick powered pickup. They were WRONG!

Oh, by the way, the fastest Pontiac to go down the dragstrip was powered by a Buick

engine (1989 Turbo Trans Am).

the pic looks like it was taken at the builders (mike christiansen) shop. haven't been by there in awhile. doubt its still there, at least sitting outside anyways. last i heard mike was getting rid of all his buick stuff. i remember him having stuff sitting around everywhere in his shop. stage 2 motors just sitting on the floor, etc... i bet some of the other local buick guys would know

Well it's in Missouri somewhere.....:biggrin:

But really I'm not convinced it's a factory built truck, and not just another creation in someone's back yard.

I want to see how the IC was installed.

I had always heard about this truck, but had never seen pictures of it. Many thanks to 1Low & 1BADT for the info. :cool:

It's Mike's truck, and he still has it. It isn't outside anymore though:eek: That isn't the reason they didn't use the gn engine either. They chose the 4.3 because GMC didnt want to have to buy 1500 gn engines from buick. He told me it'll run 10's the way it is now too:cool:

I had my old GN worked on at that guys shop years ago. I'm pretty sure he just built it as his shop work truck/grocery getter. It was very cool last time I seen it, but I don't think it was a prototype.

I had my old GN worked on at that guys shop years ago. I'm pretty sure he just built it as his shop work truck/grocery getter. It was very cool last time I seen it, but I don't think it was a prototype.

Did you read the article written about the truck:confused:

Mike did work for Buick and their performance division, truck was a prototype, i remember Mike told me he asked for it as payment for some of his work... in his day - Mike was a very knowledgeable Mechanic and had stories for daysssss..... old age, lots of cigarettes and A NASTY DIVORCE have proven to take its toll. I remember Buddy Ingersoll stopped by to visit Mike [out of the blue] at one of our meetings.

I have photos of Mikes truck with my engine in it from a long time ago.....pretty cool. Mike is a pack rat and likes to KEEP anything buick. i remember seeing a complete pallet of 109 blocks [NOS] just sitting in his garage. There were also two stage engines in there as well. He had a V6 dragster that used to be on the back cover of the Kenne-Bell catalog and at the GS Nats[ i think]

i will see if i can find any more pics.... dont know if i would recommend him as a mechanic but, for shooting the sh!t and hearing a lot of history from someone who was there - id say go for it.

so i guess that and a ton of other stuff is just going to sit and rot. be nice if he'd bring it to the track once in awhile and let it stretch its legs

He's got so much stuff its almost incredible. When I had my engine built(pre-divorce) he showed me 50 complete brand new engines wrapped up and stored away:eek: I also heard the syclone was NOT the only prototype he owned:cool:

Sorry I must've been wrong. It was just the impression I got when I had my car worked on there. Either way I do remember thinking it was quite a sweet truck.