factory alarm help needed

FlyinGN

all show no go
odd one here guys.. came back from the car show in Cherry Hill (nice show) and parked the car at the house and walked in the house and the gactory alarm went off!!?? .. odd cause it has not worked in many years and the module is removed (I was told).. I had to disconnect the horns and try to get the alarm to disarm. No way. It kept resetting and going off. With the horns disconnected I could hear the relay under the dash clicking with every firing of the horns.. The car would not start. NO security lite lit on the dash.. I had to disconnect the battery to reset it to get it started and back in the garage. Does anyone know enough about these factory syatems to help me troubleshoot it?? I don't have to get it working. I can and prolly want it disconnected for good. HELP

Dennis Kirban sells a reprint of the factory theft deterent portion of the shop manual. It might be worth checking out.

Re sent mail

factory alarm help needed

odd one here guys.. came back from the car show in Cherry Hill (nice show) and parked the car at the house and walked in the house and the gactory alarm went off!!?? .. odd cause it has not worked in many years and the module is removed (I was told).. I had to disconnect the horns and try to get the alarm to disarm. No way. It kept resetting and going off. With the horns disconnected I could hear the relay under the dash clicking with every firing of the horns.. The car would not start. NO security lite lit on the dash.. I had to disconnect the battery to reset it to get it started and back in the garage. Does anyone know enough about these factory syatems to help me troubleshoot it?? I don't have to get it working. I can and prolly want it disconnected for good. HELP

I had major problems with factory theft system but finally got them squared away , hope the info helps.

yes thanks Pete.. Correct me if im wrong but is this the correct alarm procedure??
* sets automatically when I lock the door with the key from the outside?
* if I try to open the door *WITHOUT* using the key the alarm goes off and the only way to stop it is to insert the key and turn on in the ignition or to unlock the door from the outsire with the key?

Is this correct??

yes thanks Pete.. Correct me if im wrong but is this the correct alarm procedure??
* sets automatically when I lock the door with the key from the outside?
* if I try to open the door *WITHOUT* using the key the alarm goes off and the only way to stop it is to insert the key and turn on in the ignition or to unlock the door from the outsire with the key?

Is this correct??

To set the alarm you have to shut off the car, open the door, lock it with the door lock switch, then the security light will remain illuminated. Shut the door , light should stay on for a couple of seconds then go out , system is now armed. To disarm what you wrote is correct.

:)

soooooo, Pete...
if I did the the factory alarm working properly, I use an aftermarket electric door opener (with a fob) so if I did open th ecar with my fob (without a key) the alarm will go off? If this is true the factory alarm is no good for me:(

soooooo, Pete...
if I did the factory alarm, working properly, I use an aftermarket electric door opener (with a fob) so if I did open the car with my fob (without a key) the alarm will go off?

No it will not. Once you arm it with the power door lock, shut the door , light on dash goes out etc., the only way to disarm it is to insert
the key and turn it ( Theft controller has to see a disarm input from the key cylinder), The system has a switch on the retainer clip for the door key cylinder, in case somebody tries to force (screw driver) the cylinder out. Driver, pass door and trunk have this clip.

:D

thanks for everyones help on this one.. I found the security module and disconnected it and now im back in business..