Fact or Fiction 87 Buick Grand National 1:18 Scale Buicks *pics*

phillyturbosix

Staff member
So who else got one? Just got mine today. I think I have one other one on the way because of a double order so if someone really wants one and missed the boat just let me know. I would sell it for the price I paid with shipping.

Here are the pics I just took of mine... enjoy...

a link to all of them. Fact Or Fiction Grand National - a set on Flickr

3749797465_01db40540a_o.jpg

3750587152_04280d0a44_o.jpg

3749796601_5174ea2150_o.jpg

3750586688_0f97d7ec43_o.jpg

3749796477_60fb890887_o.jpg

3749797113_3dae36b549_o.jpg

3749796699_71af5de2fd_o.jpg

3750586590_44c06d9147_o.jpg

damn just noticed a white piece of Styrofoam on the edge of the trunk there! doh.

To bad the deck lid number did not match the licence plate??

Come on now ya gotta read up on these things! :wink:

Background
The year: 1987 New FBI director William Sessions puts the pedal to the metal.... or did he? Fact or Fiction? YOU DECIDE! A shipment to a GM dealership in Missouri from Pontiac Operations included an unusual vehicle which was quickly purchased by a customer. Curious about some of the options on the car, the customer contacted various branches of GM, but none could give him... or wanted to give him... any information on the car. The car was equipped with some strange options including: a 145 MPH speedometer; white body stripes; an unusual number on the decklid, indicating it was from some kind of fleet... none of which were found on regular production Regals. The customer eventally contacted the FBI, and imagine his surprise when he learned that the FBI "may have" ordered some from Buick and did not pick them all up, so they were somehow made available to this particular dealer! Under 200 of these unusual cars were built by Buick for 1987. Note that these cars do not "shut off" at 124 mph like all Turbo Regals do, indicating a special eprom chip. Numerous part numbers and codes on the motor and transmission are unique only to this model. The car was track tested and ran 8.62 seconds at 78.92 mph in the 1/8 mile! GO GET 'EM, G-MEN! ^^ ^^^ ^^ GMP PRESENTS THE "FACT OR FICTION" 1987 BUICK GRAND NATIONAL GN/132

Pretty neat...take notice that GMP goofed on the decklid emblem. It should just say Grand National and should not have intercooled below it.

Pretty neat...take notice that GMP goofed on the decklid emblem. It should just say Grand National and should not have intercooled below it.
Recently a kid at a gas station, told me that the twin turbo FBI GNs actually did sport the intercooled decklid emblems. :wink:

Yep, sold about 10 of these cars to patient boardmembers.

Now if I could only get off of my lazy azz and print up a buttload of CT State Trooper posters.:tongue:

Can you Post a pic of the CT State Trooper poster? Sounds like something else I'd like to add to my collection.......:)

The Darkside

That's what I was told when I bought my car last month it's an late 87 GN it has factory 145 mph speedo and it was a one owner and runs way past 125 anyway I would like to get one of these models if u still have one let me know how u want me to pay u . I have a pay pal account thanks email is gavinxman@yahoo.com. Thanks Lance