f-body springs?

1Badelky

I searched, but only got vague references to this. I know rear springs will interchange as long as I grab the isolators. but what about the front springs from f-bodies?

which springs will lower it? do I need SS/WS6 to lower it, or will Z28/TA work?

what about IROC, GTA and 1LE?

We put IROC convertible springs in our 2+2. I think they are 720 #/in. With tall lower ball joints (-.75") we cut a coil to get them to where they were with Eibachs (about -2.0).

Uncut they were very close to stock height.

I really like them as our tire rub problems went away (with 255/50's)

is that with front or rear?

We just put the IROC springs in front. We still run the eibachs in the rear.

Our 2+2 runs 255/50ZR16 all around.

bborr08.jpg

I use the 1LE springs on all 4 corners of my 86 GN. About 1.5 coils cut from the front. Great for autocross and open track but a tad harsh for the street or a DD IMO. My only real complaint was that I could unload the rear wheels under heavy,heavy braking when I was entering a corner or turn at triple digit speeds. Virtually no nose dive from hard braking though.IMO those high rates are old school thinking. I'm in the process of rethinking my combination and will probably go back to some softer springs in the 600 range for the fronts and fine tune the roll with an adjustable sway bar. I'm done racing the car and 20 years have took their toll on the frame and body not to mention it's out classed by anything built in the last 10 years. Here's a pic of it when I dominated the street tire class in Solo2 back in the 90's.

Attachments

• 86 GN Front Shot.jpg
    86 GN Front Shot.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 101