F-body rear springs in a g-body?

pwrhws

settin' it off
I had thought that I had seen on here that camaro/firebird rear springs can be used in our cars. Is this true? What are the results?

I would like to lower the rear of my car 1 1/2 - 2in. And keep it firm. Would that do it?

I said something like that before. I have rear springs from 80s style Camaro or Firebird on my TType. The bottom loop of the spring fits on the axle saddle but the top of the spring has no small loop so you can trim it if you want. Spring diameter is narrower so gives more room for tailpipes. My car sits with the wheel lip even with the top of the tire. Didn't notice any difference in handling.

Mustang rear springs on my GN. They work great, are cheap and you can trim them to whatever height you like.

Yup, I've got em in my car to. You also need the isolator from the f-body to go on the top of the spring since the f-body spring has a pig tail on only one end. I used f-body lowering springs (Jamex I think) rather than trimming though. Mine sits probably a little lower than 1.5" all around.

Tom