F.A.S.T. Nitrous Control?

RickWI

I think I know the answer but can't verify it anywhere. My ECU is set up for IAC, individual fuel and spark control and wide band. Do I have at least 1 stage of nitrous control? My gut says no, but before buying a progressive controller thought I'd ask to be sure.

We gave up the Bypass output on mine (Buick v6 system). I just pull it up externally now.

TurboTR

Originally posted by TurboTR
We gave up the Bypass output on mine (Buick v6 system). I just pull it up externally now.

TurboTR

Can you be a bit more specific what you mean by giving up the bypass output and pulling up externally. Can't picture what you are saying.

You have several options, you can give up the fan control output. Or, to keep the fan control we're trying the bypass line instead. The bypass line is used to signal the coil module to switch from bypass mode timing (bypass line low) to est mode timing (bypass line driven high by the ecu) when the engine starts. If you just put the equivalent bypass (cranking) mode timing into the timing map then the bypass function isn't really needed in this case with the FAST ecu, therefore you can just hardwire the bypass line high externally with a strong pullup and thus free up that FAST output for changing to nitrous control. FAST will have to rework the ecu to make this happen; you'll have to hardwire the byass input to the coil module. Hope that's specific enough...

Edit- it looks like you don't have a Buick v6 though, so never mind...

TurboTR

Thanks TR, maybe Craig will pipe up with some options. Throwing 400 HP at it so would like to do it through the computer.

Sent it back

Send that puppy back to FAST and have teh NOS controls activated. Lose teh IAC and control the world. While your at it, pick up a FAST NOS harness.