f.a.s.t and hot air car

if you have a powerlogger run or a turbolink run you can post we might be able to help you out unless someone lives close to you. do you have any tuninng tools. whats your #'s looking like?

I think what you meant is Fuel Air Spark Technology tuning right? not a hotair tune that is fast, if so i believe Cal Hartline does F.A.S.T tuning, and alot of others, where are you located?

,Dan

Dan White is excellent with Fast on hot airs, he's in Warren Michigan. I'd highly recommend him.

i was kinda thinking he ment FAST but wasnt sure. i could have read it wrong.

I would think with him using F.a.s.t like that he meant he had a Fast system on the car, we won't know for sure till he posts again. :cool:

i did mean f.a.s.t, ive did a lot of tuning with these on my efi car but this a new one for me hot air stuff. the customer does have a after market cooler on it, but my confusion was in the air temp it in the air intake and not in the hot side tube going in? im not using AT correction so it may not matter anyway. i put a 3 bar on it today and that helped a lot, but noticing they don't like a lot of timing at all. he has went and drilled the tb out and it has made hell on the idle with iac for sure. im really familiar with the fast, but not with this year gn, so both with helpful info would be appreciated from maybe a individual on the board.

The IAT sensors have always been before the charge air, are you saying that the car has an intercooler installed on it? Hotairs can't deal with a lot of timing a t all because they are hot charge air cars. Also what do you mean the customer drilled the throttle body out, i don't understand, is it a larger after market TB?

,Dan

yes a intercooler air to air.. the factory tb has a hole in it and has been drilled bigger to try to get to idle, he brought it to me this way. it another shop who i sent a start up tune for and they have it all jacked up now and brought it to me to get it right, or a least the customer is wanting it right now. so just looking for some info on the older stuff. sure is differant than my 86 for sure.

yes a intercooler air to air.. the factory tb has a hole in it and has been drilled bigger to try to get to idle, he brought it to me this way. it another shop who i sent a start up tune for and they have it all jacked up now and brought it to me to get it right, or a least the customer is wanting it right now. so just looking for some info on the older stuff. sure is differant than my 86 for sure.

The intercooler is the reason it won't idle.

and why? is this

I had a major idle and drivability issue when I first installed my intercooler that I couldn't tune out. It would hunt for idle and eventually die. There was a big delay in throttle response and if I let off the gas too fast from acceleration it would die. After a few months of troubleshooting I figured it out. The throttlebody is before the turbo. When you open it you have nearly 15' of tubes plus the volume of the intercooler before the air gets to the motor. Upon hitting the gas, the fuel is added right away and the air takes a couple seconds to catch up. I moved my TB to the elbow on the back of the intake manifold so it now has inches to go and it was a night and day difference.

send a pic of your current set-up and ill compare to this one please van460@hotmail.com

I would if I could but I'm on a friend's computer. My engine pics are in the thread right below this one in the "post your hotair pics". Those are the Ford PS intercooler with homemade 3" piping. The original was a spearco setup with the pipes routed the same, only 2.25" and powdercoated black.